Thread: Getting black screen with The Darkness II

Getting black screen with The Darkness II

Hi friends In my computer I have downloaded The Darkness II game and installed it. Now after installing the game when I start it at that time I can hear music but screen is black. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting black screen with The Darkness II

To solve this problem you should first provide details about your operating system, graphic card and CPU so that I can give you solution according to that. You have to also try to run The Darkness II game in compatibility mode and then check whether it makes any difference or not?

In my computer I have tried to run The Darkness II with compatibility mode but that does not make any difference. I have nvidia gtx 550 ti graphic card and Asus motherboard and I have Intel core i3 processor. I am using windows 7 OS. I have also tried to solve this problem by running the game as administrator. In window mode game works properly.

I was also having black screen issue with The Darkness II game. I have open Nvidia control panel in my computer and then you have disable anti-aliasing option and after that when I launch the game at that time my problem get solved. You should also turn off the anti-aliasing from your graphic drivers control panel and then check whether it makes any difference or not?

Yes I will also suggest you the same. You have to First open Nvidia comtrol panel in your computer and after opening that you have to select manage 3d settings. Now you have to turn off anti-aliasing option and then you have to also change Global setting to “Let the application decide”. Now after doing that you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not?

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have to also check whether you have latest graphic drivers installed in your computer or not. many times updating the graphic drivers can resolve this problem.

According to me you should open system configuration utility and mark Load system services, Load startup items and Use original boot configuration options. Now after that you have to restart your computer. Now after restarting the computer you have to launch The Darkness II game and then see what the result is.

Hi guys in my computer I have also tried to solve this problem by turning off the anti aliasing option but that does not help me to solve this problem. now after that I have also downloaded latest graphic drivers from internet and installed in my computer but that does not help me solve this problem. What should I do to solve this problem?

Well according to me you should uninstall The Darkness II game from your computer and then restart your computer. Now after that install in your computer and then start it. May be reinstalling The Darkness II will fix this problem.