Thread: Suggestions for future development of XCom

Suggestions for future development of XCom

I played the XCOM game and I feel that the game would have been better if they could have provide more customization options to the player. I feel that the developers should provided option to use custom logo for the team of soldiers we create. One could have used the logo of their favorite sports team. I would have liked to create a logo with my initials. What do other players think about it? Maybe the developers can provide the function in next version of the game.

Re: Suggestions for future development of XCom

I agree, for the game like XCOM, the developer should provide more customization options. They should provide with color tray to create custom color for armor and clothing of soldiers. This will help a player to make his soldier suit for the environment better. If one plan to play one of the soldiers from his team in well lighted area, he can give bright colors that match to the surroundings while other one who will travel and play in dark with darker colors. This will add fun factor to the game. I would have liked my soldiers to be in green clothing when playing in farmlands.

The color customization function should also be made available for the weapons too. They should also provide modification of texture of weapons like the one in Multiplayer mode of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series. If player is playing in foliaged region he can use the green-brown camouflage texture. If in urban region then, steel texture or maybe dark texture should be available.

Developers should also make available extra parts for weapons. Like sniper scope for Machine Guns or weight increasers for weapons to increase accuracy. The weapons have unlimited ammo, which is a bad concept for action games. They could provide magazines with increased ammo. They can also provide upgrades for guns so that they can use bullets of other guns. Upgrades for weapon’s accuracy, damage, range and other such attributes should be made available.

They should also provide rewards for multiple kills and innovative kills. For example, after killing 10 enemies continuously, it should be declared as Multi kill and also give some powers like temporary extra damage. Killing 15 enemies will give temporary invulnerability. This will prompt players to think in numerous ways to kill multiple enemies and increase the fun factor. Maybe after some kills, player will obtain permission to call airstrikes or guided drones to explode enemies.

The developers should also look out for character development. I found nothing new with the aliens. I felt like I had fought this enemies even before. The game lacked character details. Developers should make enemies with powers like invisibility or speed. Even the way they react to player’s attack should be experimented with. The attacking manners of enemy should also in variety of ways.

The developers should provide inbox for receiving mails. According to the game, the soldiers are hired by various organizations to protect their property from aliens and possible threats. So maybe a inbox system will let the organizations send us mails to let us know anything that we should get from battlefield as a part of side quest. Completion of these side quests will give bonuses. If an mission is sponsored by multiple organizations, then one organization can ask us to provide special protection for their specific property or some individual related to them to be saved.

Talking about inbox, developers can also develop system where players will receive mails from other aliens. The mails can be threats or some other species of alien can send mails regarding weakness of aliens that one is currently fighting. To add more fun, the alien’s message will be needed to be decoded before one can read. So the developers can place people who can read alien languages or decode it in secret parts of map for players to find. Decoding the message will help recognize alien’s weak points or certain features that can be used against them.

The game should be made to provide different elements like stealth, assault of melee fights. The developers should make available situations like one will need to fight using stealth abilities. This will include actions like hiding in dark. Letting one enemy stand alone so that more than one soldier can sneak behind to kill it. They can also provide situations like the soldiers are pinned down in a building and aliens are coming from all sides. Players will need to hold the enemies at a distance till back up arrives.