Thread: There will be a 6 man squad cap in XCOM

There will be a 6 man squad cap in XCOM

Hello friends, it is been confirmed that there will be 6 man squad cap in upcoming game of XCOM. It is been told by the Jake Soloman in the interview with the Metro newspaper. If it will be added then would whine but to be honest it will be really great to have in game, so what are your thoughts about it? Please share with me. Thank you.

Re: There will be a 6 man squad cap in XCOM

That it is really great news to hear and also it will be awesome and all of users will be adapting it. Let me tell you that in the original you were able to go with 4 or 5 of your outside fighting and where the rest of them were just sitting inside the ship till the time you need them, which was not at all realistic. I also remember that how congested it will be to deal with 10 or more soldiers, where each of them has lots of abilities and inventory. I really think that 6 are really nice. I would also like to know what the others have to think about it. I do not think that anyone will be like to have the thing which where there in the past because we have in our memories all that good times we got. If you are keeping those things in mind it will prevent you from getting new experiences. I am very much sure that it will be really nice with 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    That it is really great news to hear and also it will be awesome and all of users will be adapting it. Let me tell you that in the original you were able to go with 4 or 5 of your outside fighting and where the rest of them were just sitting inside the ship till the time you need them, which was not at all realistic. I also remember that how congested it will be to deal with 10 or more soldiers, where each of them has lots of abilities and inventory. I really think that 6 are really nice. I would also like to know what the others have to think about it. I do not think that anyone will be like to have the thing which where there in the past because we have in our memories all that good times we got. If you are keeping those things in mind it will prevent you from getting new experiences. I am very much sure that it will be really nice with 6.
    I do agree with the points of yours, whereas I have not used more than 10 guys, in which 4 of them were generally meat shields. I believe that it will be 6 + 1 SHIV though.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    I think that everyone have to adapt it through modding, which is the one I prefer to have. Where you are talking about the number of guys fighting, then I have never done it, was using all the guys on the field such that sweeping the map. By the way I think that this might be the way due to which I was not able to hit the "last Sectoid on the map" problem and due to which many of the people have got it. Well I am thinking to suspect that many of the people never touched the movement speed controls in the options menu. Well I cannot say that I have not found it to be tedious to move my guys around, as there were very less of them in Apoc where you can move them as squads. I would just like to say that this should be close to the original then it was.

I have no issue with it. Well it is been that part of the beauty of the original and also the flexibility of gameplay. If you read the forums then you find many of the people have played it were very much different in many cases. If you have checked the article on Metro newspaper then it is very much confirmed which I was suspecting about. If it is been added then it will resemblance to the originals gameplay. At the present time I do not worry about moddability, as no amount of effort and desire will be near to playing the way the original. If you wanted that to be fixed then it is all riding on Xenonauts to get it right? It is been said that this does not look very much at all. It is not as fun in which the X-COM is. I expect that those 60 peeps working for 4 years were able to have a lot of depth in such thing, as there screenshots and videos are not doing the justify it.

I have used 10 guys, out of which 4 of them were on the ship. Actually those 4 guys were the reserve one and use them in case of casualties. Well I do not want to have more 10 guys, due to the nostalgia. I wanted to have it because that it can afford the casualties and tactical errors not making the entire mission much harder. I do not think that six guys are enough for this. Whereas I averaged about two casualties on the mission in X-Com 1. It is been fine for me because as I have got about fourteen guys or sometime ten and also a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    I have used 10 guys, out of which 4 of them were on the ship. Actually those 4 guys were the reserve one and use them in case of casualties. Well I do not want to have more 10 guys, due to the nostalgia. I wanted to have it because that it can afford the casualties and tactical errors not making the entire mission much harder. I do not think that six guys are enough for this. Whereas I averaged about two casualties on the mission in X-Com 1. It is been fine for me because as I have got about fourteen guys or sometime ten and also a tank.
    I would like to say that you better thing of these troops not as squaddies, whereas the elite badaiies who can eat chryssalid eggs for breakfast. So then 6 will make more sense to it.

I do not care how bad they are. If combat is as deadly as the developers keep saying, this game is going to punish any mistake you make far more than X-Com 1 since you've got so few guys. Never mind that it'll be a lot harder to have multiple fronts with just six guys. That's three teams of two or two teams of three. Not enough to sweep an X-Com 1 size map and flank the aliens.