Thread: How much time has everyone clocked in Dear Esther so far?

How much time has everyone clocked in Dear Esther so far?

Please be honest to reply for this. I want to ask that how much time has everyone clocked in Dear Esther so far? For me, this took 5.6 hrs. I want to hear from you that how many hours it takes for other people over here. Other than this, if you have anything to share for this game then you are most welcome.

Re: How much time has everyone clocked in Dear Esther so far?

I have done that in just 2 hours and now I a m visiting that again to get every details. Now I found that there are many of the things that I missed when I was going through that at the start.

I found that the graphics are very good, in fact it is appeared to made with the Source engine optimization and is really good getting to be able to move this title with a team from a lower-middle range without problems. I guess that's what they have the Source engine updates for days now and partner with a graphic designer at DICE and this is nothing more and nothing less.

It took me 4 hours to complete it. About the game , I can say that Dear Esther is like an interactive movie. You start on a small dock somewhere on an island in Scotland. It talks the protagonist of the game to Esther. So this begins with Dear Esther and after that continues further. While exploring the island you get to hear more monologues. One is Esther and other is the one against you as a player. During the hike you will learn who is Esther and why the main character is talking to her as if she is dead. You will also receive information about the island and how the man lives there. The environments in which you are moving and are very nicely made and detailed. It is abandoned and soon you feel alone. But the atmosphere is excellent. And the music also does a good two cents. You do not have to worry about further controls or other nasty bugs. Everything sticks well together. The only drawback is that the story is not really a very exciting.

I don’t think that Dear Esther is for everyone. It is a very nice in visual perspective and a good interactive story but that is not being able to run around the island and this makes the walks sometimes a little tedious and its duration.

This begins with expensive Esther and then continues more. whereas exploring the island you get to listen to additional monologues. One is Esther and alternative is that the one against you as a player.