Thread: Getting ‘?????’ instead of names in Wargame: European Escalation game

Getting ‘?????’ instead of names in Wargame: European Escalation game

I have just reported this one issue in the title. But there are several issues that I have encountered here while playing the game and here are some of them which I would like to list them down.

1) So first is the problem with the nickname instead of displaying the names of my friend I am getting to see ????? in the space.

2) Sometimes my friends do appear as offline well the funny thing about it is that the friends are playing besides me.

3) Sometimes whenever I invite my friends to play the game the invitation does not gets reached at all and I am forced to restart the game.

So these are the above mentioned problems that I am facing in the game. Yes I couldn’t write it down in the title thinking how big the title would it be. So when can I get rid of such kind of bugs or the issues in the game and what’s the solution for it.

Re: Getting ‘?????’ instead of names in Wargame: European Escalation game

The only solution for the above listed problems are restarting the game. Like you even I am facing the above said issues and the only thing that has worked for me is the simple restart of the game. Then everything gets back to the normal.

I just wonder if it has anything to do with the steam server it was down some days ago and only after that it is giving this kind of problems. Just after that maintenance work I was not able to see the names of the players as well as view the friends list as well. so these are the problems that I faced. I am sure this would have resulted because of the steam server being down for some time.

No I don’t agree with you. The reason being W:EE has its own account in the steam. Even if you hold steam responsible then I don’t understand how does steam access the username of the players as well as the friends list in it. Yes if it would have been some problems with the avatar then it is understandable but I don’t think so other issues like wrong nickname, friends appearing offline and no requests resulted because of the steam. It is simply rubbish.

See if you are facing such issues then I would advise you to report this issue with the support team. Here is the email id for you support@wargame-ee.com. You can report this bugs or issues they will fix it for you.