Thread: Unable to download DLC for Mass Effect 3

Unable to download DLC for Mass Effect 3

I got Mass Effect 3 yesterday. The pack had written on it that free content like wallpapers are available for download. I got the code and I tried downloading, but download failed. I tried it thrice, but it kept it showing me message,
    File Not Found.
    There is an error with the download service. Please try again later.
    Error: 7049:404
    Does anyone else get this error message?

Re: Unable to download DLC for Mass Effect 3

I think this issue is related to IP address. EA games have divided IPs in 2 categories, US/Canada and Rest of the world. If your IP address is not from North America, then you won’t be allowed to enter the list and download. You will have to wait till EA games gives further notice about game’s DLC. Once your country’s IP addresses are allowed, you will be allowed to download the content.

The game was not launched worldwide at a same date. In North America, it was launched first on 6th March. It will be launched in other regions on different dates. So even if you get game from other region, you won’t be allowed to get its DLC before it is officially launched for that region. You can get information of official launch date of Mass Effect 3 for your region from their official website.

Another reason for you not being allowed to access the DLC is that you must have not registered your game with EA account while installing. Though it must be showing ‘connecting to Ea servers’ It just verifies for authentication of game. To sort out this problem, go in Options of the Game. In Options section find Online tab. In this area, you will have to give your Windows Live ID and accept the terms and conditions. Now you will be allowed to access and download DLC for Mass Effect 3.

If you are experiencing and problem related to DLC from Origin then you can mail them your error message along with other details. If you are attempting to download DLC and it fails, then exit it. Now go in the log folders of Origin in your PC. You will find it in Windows Vista & 7 at C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs. In Windows XP you will find the same at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Origin\logs. In this folder, you will find a file by name Client_Log.html. You can mail this at OriginLogs@ea.com.