Thread: Locations and objects available only for short period in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

Locations and objects available only for short period in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

I wanted to ask if I should take care while at certain locations in Reckoning for they can be visited or used only once. Like, there might be some building which has many collectible items or weapons in it. I complete the respective quest which needs me to visit the place. But after the quest the building might collapse, burn or be inaccessible in any other way. So is there any such place I should be aware of so I will be prepared and get as much items from it as possible?

Re: Locations and objects available only for short period in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

Yes there are many places in the world of game. I was in town of Webwood where I had to get missions from the townsmen. I took some quests from townsmen and was in middle of it. Then I met a widow in town who was ready to pay a large amount and xp to help her. I agreed and took her quest. It required me to kill the entire town. So I killed the entire town which led to cancelation of existing quests from townsmen and also future quest related to the town.

Re: Locations and objects available only for short period in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

There are some dungeons and caves which collapse after you finish quests related to it. But all such dungeons and caves I went into never had any lorestones, skill books & trainers. All you would miss in the caves are some loot containers or reagents. So, no need to worry about caves and dungeon’s lockout. Killing the quest givers and NCPs also eliminate the quests.

I was about to turn into red legion dagger when I was offered to kill the quest giver or turn them into red legion daggers. This was one stage where I was offered 2 ways. I killed the quest giver, so I missed the alternative quest.

There are some quest givers who will die according to the story and situation if you don’t complete their quest in time. Like, I was at Warden Bridge where I met a quest giver. If you don’t assist him he will die. You see a exclamation map when he is in danger. If you think that you return to him your own leisure time, he will not survive. Also there are chances that you might miss some trainers.

At one time, I had taken a quest from Penri Kell. I was to complete it later on. While roaming around the world I was chased by a mob of bandits. I ran for safety towards the direction of Penri Kell. But when I reached there the mob attacked Penri Kell and killed him. So I missed his quest.