Thread: Game save copy protect in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning.

Game save copy protect in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning.

I am playing Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning on my PS3. From the working condition of my PS3, it seems that it might not work properly in few days and I might need to get it repaired. During this, I don’t want my save games of Amalur to be lost. So I tried making backup of the saved games. But I found out that the save games are copy protected. Can anyone explain me what it is?

Re: Game save copy protect in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning.

The copy protection in PS3 doesn’t allow a user to copy the saved files of the games which are copy protected. This was done to avoid the release of saved games over the internet. Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning too is protected. One cannot copy its saved files.

Since the game is Steam protected, you can make backups of your save game files on Steam cloud. You can sync your save data with the steam cloud and retrieve it on any PS# with the game installed on it. You can copy the data in the external drives but it deletes the original data from the PS3. So this doesn’t count as backup.

In PC version one can make backup of saved games. The Steam cloud is also available for PC version. This means one can back their data on Steam’s server. The games that are sent on Steam can also be found on PC at Steam\userdata\(your number)\102500\remote\. The offline save game data is found at location %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\Reckoning. You can backup this data if you want.

Even though one can backup data in PC, putting the saved games in another PC or new system is troublesome. This is because of complexity of profile system. When copying the saved game data on new system, make sure that the profile name is exactly the same as it was in source game. If you can’t make the profile name same, you will need to rename the saved games.