Thread: Option to disable FPS limit in PixelJunk Eden

Option to disable FPS limit in PixelJunk Eden

Hello friends, only having the option to change the resolution and turn V-Sync on/off. And the thing we can do V-Sync turned off but the FPS is been limited to 60 which is causing the terrible tearing on the display. If you are having the V-Sync on then might be getting the input lag. It will be really nice there is an option to disable the FPS limit or might have the limit it at something higher. What you people have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: Option to disable FPS limit in PixelJunk Eden

Why you are care about it. Well our eyes cannot identify more than the 12 frames per second and even the television and movies which are running on the monitor are having the FPS 24 to 30 and I think that 60 FPS is more than enough till the time you are trying to record the game with the help of old camera.

Well I would suggest that you better try to enable the triple-buffering in the control panel of your graphics card. It might be only solution to solve the problem. The only problem with the graphics of the card is with the PixelJunk logo which is been always visible on the same position and it is been there during the time of gameplay. If you enable the game's burn-in protection then also it does not remove or move that logo, but after some time it will be giving you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    Why you are care about it. Well our eyes cannot identify more than the 12 frames per second and even the television and movies which are running on the monitor are having the FPS 24 to 30 and I think that 60 FPS is more than enough till the time you are trying to record the game with the help of old camera.
    Well it is very much true that the normal human will not able to see the space between frames and it is not seen after the 20. But the eyes will not see those frames. Well the eyes are having a very good in seeing the timing variation, for me able to pick up on variance at 120 FPS that also very much easily.

Let me inform you all that the game was been developed for the locked 60fps, so due to which we are not able to do the changes with the fundamental structure of it. We have to play it as it is. I think that you can add triple-buffers and some of the features which might be helpful for the performance, but let me tell you that it will be the proper or not, it might be creating the input lag, as you will set the game to run at 30 fps which will be sure the problem and it is running at half of the speed.

Actually, when VSync is enabled, the best way to fix input lag is to set 'maximum pre-rendered frames' to zero. That almost completely fixed input lag so it's not really noticeable. Still it's a shame that we can’t run this game on higher fps. But great work anyway, loves your games!