Thread: In Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, chests which are hard or very hard to dispel/unlock generate reagents

In Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, chests which are hard or very hard to dispel/unlock generate reagents

I have been playing Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning for some time now. I am on level 15. After playing this long I realized that the chests which require higher level of magic or skills to unlock generate white gear or reagents which are low level components in the game. But when I open chests that are free to open or require low level of magic or skill generates objects of higher level. Does anyone else feel that something is strange?

re: In Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, chests which are hard or very hard to dispel/unlock generate reagents

The game has random loot system, that means any object will be found in any chest ignoring the difficulty of its reach. I agree, a chest which has no lock sit in wilderness, unprotected when opened generates a worthy object. In contrast to that, a chest protected by Boss or is hard to reach generates, objects of lower value. This will add more fun to the game. Till now all I have got from unlocking hard chests is some xp or some objects that are carried around by enemy itself.

re: In Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, chests which are hard or very hard to dispel/unlock generate reagents

This game was designed to attract casual gamers along with usual gamers who like ancient RPG games. To achieve this, they had to use random loot system. With random loot system any casual gamer will get all the superior objects. The casual gamer doesn’t need to go deep into caves to find these objects. If he finds the valuable objects easily, casual gamer will easily complete the story.

If the loot was hand placed according to the difficulty then time required to complete the game would have been long. This would have not attracted the casual gamers. Usual gamers explore the world and play the side quests which give them all valuable stuff. But a casual gamer who pays for sake of completing the story won’t go exploring the world or doing side quests. So this will deprive him of the valuable objects.

I agree, the random loot system is spoiling the game. I defeated a big four legged creature after which I found a chest behind him. Now after spending 15 minutes defeating the monster, using special skills and weapons, I expected it to generate something great. But all I got was a white flake. This is really annoying.