Thread: Dear Esther is Epitome of Interactive Art

Dear Esther is Epitome of Interactive Art

Hello friends, I think that the environment is staggeringly beautiful and the concept of it fresh and something new. The story is very much intelligent and also little haunting type. I would suggest that developer should try something like the Modern Warfare 3, if you people agree. You will be able to find solace in the scum which reside on that server. If you are having any more thoughts about it then please tell as it will helpful to the developer to add hose thing in the game. This game is been built with source so we can get such kind of quality from upcoming games in future such as Half-Life 3? What you people have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: Dear Esther is Epitome of Interactive Art

I would not call this game to be epitome; I believe that it has been just started. What I think that the Dear Esther is showing how the other game should be made and should be gone, showing stories, tragic, and moving. I do not think that the player needs to absorb the story like a sponge but it should be played as an active part in piecing it together. I believe that there are more places game developers can go from this initial start as it been one of the hell to start.

Re: Dear Esther is Epitome of Interactive Art

I also agree with the above user and I also not think that it is a epitome of interactive art, where I believe that it is a powerful proof-of-concept which can be used in the game engine for more than just run-and-gun gaming. I believe that Dear Esther is been demonstrate the next logical evolutionary step from flat. It is a 2D visual storytelling as comic books and graphic novels. If such things are been used with updated-past-gen technology, such that with Source, then believe what else can be achieved with next-gen technology.