Thread: Getting poor performance while playing Wargame: European Escalation on DirectX 11

Getting poor performance while playing Wargame: European Escalation on DirectX 11

Hello friends I have noticed one thing that performance of this game is not good in DirectX 11. Installed the multiplayer-beta and getting very strange problem with the game. Have set the settings of the graphics card to maximum then try to join a multiplayer-match and founded that game is running around 3-7 FPS. If I change the setting then also getting the same problem but this time I have founded that when changing graphics setting then getting around 17 FPS. Which is not good and when I was playing in DirectX 9 then I was getting 60 FPS where in DirectX 11 getting 7 FPS. Does anyone has founded the same problem. Thank you.
    Specification:
    • Graphics Card: 2 * Radeon HD 6990 in CrossFire
    • Processor: Intel Core-i7 950
    • Motherboard: EVGA X58 3xSLI for Win3, Socket-1366.
    • Ram: 6 GB.
    • Operating System: Windows 7 64-BIT

Re: Getting poor performance while playing Wargame: European Escalation on DirectX 11

I think that it might be causing the problem due to the CrossFire, I believe that CrossFire is not working properly with DirectX 11 which is resulting in very low FOS for this game. Beside that there is no problem and I am running it in DirectX 11 and it is working fine for me.

Re: Getting poor performance while playing Wargame: European Escalation on DirectX 11

I think that it might be optimization problem with your graphics card, which might be able to get fixed with release of latest drivers for it. If checking the specification of your system then I am finding it should give a good performance and there should not be any problem if running any game at maximum setting of the graphics card. I was also getting the problem when I was running the DirectX 11 on beta atm, then I would wait for the patch of it. Presently having the auto API which is been set to DirectX 9, if it is been set to DirectX 11 then it starts giving problem and it tough when running any game at full AA and poor distance on rendering, using the GTX 590 with 2.4 GB RAM and using the a i7980 processor. The best thing will be that you better wait for update.

The problem which you are telling is founded that game is not been compatible with the crossfire (dual gpu). I would suggest that you better try to de-active the crossfire and also make sure game is been using one video card, then you will be able to confirmation that it is the problem with crossfire or it is something else, just checked it and tell me about it.

I am also having the same problem with DX11, it makes really tough to play and I am also having crossfire. I am not sure the problem is due to the crossfire, what I am facing is that game stops responding when applying graphics settings if I turn Vsync on. I have also done a test just turning off crossfire in the Catalyst control centre, if I do it then it makes DX11 mode setting as high and then start playing game was getting 60 FPS instead of 20 FPS, even when I have disable the crossfire then I was able to successfully turn Vsync on. Having 2 x AMD 6870s running in crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonds| View Post
    I am also having the same problem with DX11, it makes really tough to play and I am also having crossfire. I am not sure the problem is due to the crossfire, what I am facing is that game stops responding when applying graphics settings if I turn Vsync on. I have also done a test just turning off crossfire in the Catalyst control centre, if I do it then it makes DX11 mode setting as high and then start playing game was getting 60 FPS instead of 20 FPS, even when I have disable the crossfire then I was able to successfully turn Vsync on. Having 2 x AMD 6870s running in crossfire.
    I think that it some type of bug which might be fixed with the patch release of the game, so you need to wait for update which might be available and also you will be able to solve the issue.

This was also seen with Battlefield 3 which was been fixed after the release of the patch, this might be also fixed when there might be a release of the patch for this game. Battlefield 3 was having the issue with ATI video card, so all the user who having those cards were getting the problem and after patch it was been solved, I think this should also been done with the Wargame: European Escalation

I try it, and while it has improved in one way, it has gotten more broken in another. Now, the FPS is just fine when the camera isn't moving. But once I start moving the camera, the FPS drops into single-digit unplayable levels until I stop, at which point the FPS is fine, again.