Thread: PC Control Prompt Bug in Syndicate Game

PC Control Prompt Bug in Syndicate Game

I recently purchased the PC version of Syndicate Game on Origin. While playing the game I am facing an issue where this game thinks I have a xbox 360 controller connected in the pc for some reasons that I dont know. It is showing me controller keys instead of keyboard? I have installed this game on Windows 7 64bit OS. The game is running fine but how should I play with the actual onscreen keys? Thanks for any solution.

Re: PC Control Prompt Bug in Syndicate Game

I have never faced this problem in the game even though my xbox controller is plugged in my computer. In any case, check that all other peripherals like jotsticks or any other gamepads are not connected to your computer. If it is connected then disconnect it, quit the game and then relaunch it again and then check if the bug gets resolved or not. Hope this helps

Even I was facing the same problem and there is also no game controllers connected to my pc. Incase anyone else is facing this issue and is not able to find the underlying gadget which is causing the false detection, then try to backup the Msystem.dll in the game binaries and then make the below changes with a hex editor:
    Code:

Address Old Value New value
    0015F3FC: 0F 30
    0015F3FD: 9C C0
    0015F3FE: C0 90
    After that, the detection of the controller will be disabled.

The problem in my case was a bluetooth receiver that was not connected to anything and after unplugging it the problem got resolved. I think that a manual control prompts option should be added to the control menu incase if this problem happens again. It took me 2 days to find this solution on my own. Also, see to it if any other type of things are installed in your machine, like 3dconnexion controller, then remove it asap.