Thread: Location of the Car Accident in Dear Esther

Location of the Car Accident in Dear Esther

Hello friends, does anyone knows about the location where the Car Accident, I was trying to search it but was not able to get anything. It would be nice if there is any real location available which is there in the game. So can you please tell me about it and also what you have to about, if the same thing is happen in real world? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Re: Location of the Car Accident in Dear Esther

Well you will get the location of the accident as it been mention in the game. Well it is been based on the signage in the dream and there is a actual a location in the real work and it is somewhere near the Portbury and at the M5 road, it is the same road where the accident might have taken place if it has happened in the real life. But the in-game location is different from the reality, the motorway reference number signage which is there in game is M5 A 144.4 and it is the same also in the reality.

It is correct, it is the Junction 19, it is not the same which I was expecting it to be, I am actually looking for the Junction 21 and I was been convinced that is was that. After some time I have noticed that it was Portishead which is actually a Bristol area and it is there in the Welcome Break services. Where the Junction 21 is the Sandford turn-off, but the narrator is referring the location as between the Welcome Break services and the Sandford turn-off and both these are there in the real-world location and it is wrong in the game. When it was at this point then narrator/Esther's car would not have cross the Welcome Break services.

The location of the accident which is been shown in the game it is the J19 on the M5 road, well as per the reference to 21 which is their throughout the dialogue and it is not directly relate to the accident. I think that it might be relate to the fact that Sandford is been accessed from J21. Is Esther staying at Sandford? I think that it might be the originally and she has grown up. I do not think that narrator and the Esther married and was having a home together, because it was 21 miles from the Sandford junction and the turn-off for home.

I believe that the precise location will be the fictional. Even the narrator has mentioned that the he was having a very bad time for pinning down exactly where the accident has happened.

I believe that he is referring to the fact that he has drove up and down that segment of motorway during the time of the accident, even you will not able to see any marks on the road. I think that there were no skid marks or might got cleaned up. But you are able to view that where it has happened in the game when you are out of the cave system and fell into the water and think about the accident location.

If have to take the exact location which is been seen in the game then the narrator will not able to find the location of the accident, well as it is saying that accident has happened between the Welcome Break services and Sandford and also the location which is there in the game is been just before the services so do not pass it. It can be that the narrator has forgotten the location and searching in that place where he might not get it or the developer have made a whopping location.

I think that he was sleeping the car when the accident happened and might have mentioned that location which he has seen last one, but I believe that the car was going before it crashes.

If you are talking about the which is in bold then it is perhaps indicating that the narrator is not looking at things or he is not able to remembering things properly.