Thread: Is Origin needed to download/run Mass Effect 3 demo?

Is Origin needed to download/run Mass Effect 3 demo?

I think that title is enough to explain that what I want to ask. I want to ask that is it necessary to have the Origin for getting the Mass Effect 3 demo game or can we download and install that directly from somewhere else. I don’t have any idea about this and so I am posting this over here. Please reply if you have any information regarding it.

Re: Is Origin needed to download/run Mass Effect 3 demo?

I have seen the official demo FAQ and in accordance with that we will require to have the Origin. You will have to download and install the demo from the Origin and then only you will be able to play the game otherwise there is no alternate way for this as far as I know.

This is already confirmed that every retail and the Digital Keys should be registered on Origin in order to have the DLC. Other than this, you will also be having the Multiplayer as well as Game access for the PC version. PSN, XBL are having the online pass which locks multiplayer. To play the game in the offline mode, you must log in mass effect 3 first and then validate your account as well as DLC. Once you do this then you will be having the complete access for the DLC and ME3 game in the off-line mode as well.

I am quite sure that you will require having the Origin for the demo version of the game and the reason for this is that the Origin server gives the multiplayer features. And so you must have the Origin if you want to have all the features of the game otherwise there is no other way for this.

Honestly speaking that I still want to see something which makes this dissimilar than the steam. Both are poor in terms of the performance. I cannot understand the reason that I need to run some program for running the game. Yes, for many of the game they use the launchers but they get closed after once the program is updated and runs. I hope that there will be availability of some "tool” for the me3 which will help to uninstall the origin once the game is installed and updated properly.

There is difference in the steam and origin. In case of the steam, games get installed properly but in the origin it will piss you off. Earlier, I wasted 4 hours to install the ME2 and I really don’t want to go through this pain again. If I am paying for any game then obviously I wish to play that game without any trouble.

There are some of the people who think that the Origin is scanning all the files but this is not true. This is just used to re-run the process monitor and the Bonjour services folder is the exception in this. The only folders Origin access is any like windows/system32, crypto folders, EA/Origin data folders, game folders otherwise its own folders. Each of these are legal for Origin to access.

I am not going to install that on my computer as I really do not wish to play the demo. This is full of bugs and so I have decided to get the full version of the game directly on its release.