Thread: Sims 1 does not start on Windows Vista

Sims 1 does not start on Windows Vista

Hello friends, I was trying to run the Sims 1 game on my Laptop, it is having the Windows Vista. I really wanted to play the game and do not know that what is the problem, is the operating system which is not the good or it is the Sims 1 game? Can anyone help me with it and suggest me that what should I do. Thank you.

Re: Sims 1 does not start on Windows Vista

I would suggest that you better try to change the compatibility mode to some other operating system, such as Windows XP or Windows 98, ME. If you are having some of the older programs and games then that will not run on Vista. So when you will be changing the compatibility mode of that program or the game then it will surely work on the system, just try it.

Quote Originally Posted by DougWison View Post
    I would suggest that you better try to change the compatibility mode to some other operating system, such as Windows XP or Windows 98, ME. If you are having some of the older programs and games then that will not run on Vista. So when you will be changing the compatibility mode of that program or the game then it will surely work on the system, just try it.
    With that method the game will start then it is really great, but the problem is that I do not know how to change the compatibility mode of any program or any game, can you please provide method to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by The$Adjuster View Post
    With that method the game will start then it is really great, but the problem is that I do not know how to change the compatibility mode of any program or any game, can you please provide method to change it.
    If you wanted to changed the compatibility mode then you better right click on the game icon or program icon then you click on the properties, will get a windows in that you better select compatibility tab in that you will be find the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for”, so better select that and then you will be getting the drop down list which is have operating system, so select any one and try to run it. If you still not understand and find it difficult then you refer website how to use.