Thread: Cannot bind Keys in Alan wake PC version

Cannot bind Keys in Alan wake PC version

Hello friends, I am having the problem with the Key binding for the game, I am not able to bind the Enter key, where the arrows and control keys are been mapped to numpad, due to which I am not able to use the arrows and numpad keys and also cannot bind mouse buttons. I wish that there is some solution to fix. How many you are getting the problem? If anyone is having the solution then please tell me. Thank you

Re: Cannot bind Keys in Alan wake PC version

I believed that you have got onto root of the problem. There is chat of the keyboard which is having the code, look in that there code of delete keys just above the cursor keys which is E071. Then you will be able to blind this key it as Numpad Del which is having the code 71. Where the XML file is using the bind code but not having the E0 prefix, so it is simply reading those values as the same key. I believe that Remedy should have a look on it.

I have also seen it, custom key binds for flashbangs and flares seem to have no effect. If you are having the W key as the flare bind and S flashbang bind then pressing any of the keys then it will be not have any effect with regard to changing the active grenade type. There is one way to select your desired grenade is to use the mouse wheel which will shows you another problem with key blinds and you will not be able to bind your mouse wheel to other actions and also you cannot assign other keys to the 'next weapon' and 'previous weapon' actions. This is something which is needed to be fixed and also solved it out faster.

I believe that it is been remapped to skip the video parameter to pause/break key when you save the .xml and launch the game. I have first founded it to be very much strange, where the menu option is not been able to select it. I have tried each and every key on the keyboard and there was nothing which seems to be mapped to enter or a mouse click on the menu item previously achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Daksha90 View Post
    I believe that it is been remapped to skip the video parameter to pause/break key when you save the .xml and launch the game. I have first founded it to be very much strange, where the menu option is not been able to select it. I have tried each and every key on the keyboard and there was nothing which seems to be mapped to enter or a mouse click on the menu item previously achieved.
    If you are this point then toy better delete the .xml which might be the cause of the problem, but I am not sure that it will solve the problem and will allow the game to re-create the file and then launch the game but it will be show you the same problem, the file which is been created will having single entry for a key mapped to walk.

I wanted to know that anyone has done the file deletions and tried to re-establish the overall integrity the overall integrity of the data through steam option. Whereas I believed that I have deleted the entire user directory and due to which the game is not able to launch as it keep on crashing after the remedy splash screen. Where I need to fix it out or need to download the whole thing again. I will not try to work on the keys and will be sticking to the default one.