Thread: Alan wake Episode 1 'A Writers Dream' bug

Alan wake Episode 1 'A Writers Dream' bug

Hello friends, I am having the problem with the game, when you reach on to the even after crossing the Ropebridge in the tutorial, then it is not allowing me to go ahead. The person who’s name is Clay Stewart tells me to hide in the House, after the bridge collapse. When I enter to the building then the save-system makes a checkpoint and after that nothing happened. Well Clay is stand outside pointing his gun across the chasm and door does not close. But I can exit and enter the house. So what to do? Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Alan wake Episode 1 'A Writers Dream' bug

I am also having the same problem which you are currently facing it. Then have tried to restart the game and play it again then also there was no difference. I have founded that the viewpoint suddenly changed seem that it was going to the cutscene. I have seen this thing walkthroughs of this game but that was the XBOX version, in that it just leaves the Alan wake is been left at the door of the house with opened door and Clay is standing outside pointing his gun. I have even tried to work with the other stuff which is there in game, such the windows and the closed door which is there on the other side of the room, and then also nothing happen. I do not what to do over there and there is no specific video for it which can tell what to do.

I am also trying to past this scene with the help of save game of any other person and that also in offline mode, so it is possible to do it or not? I wanted to know where is the local copies of game are been stored? Please tell me, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterO View Post
    I am also trying to past this scene with the help of save game of any other person and that also in offline mode, so it is possible to do it or not? I wanted to know where is the local copies of game are been stored? Please tell me, thank you.
    If you wanted to know that where the data is saved then Alan wakes saves in under My Documents folder, you will be get in C drive of your system. If you are going to Documents sections then under that you might get the folder Remedy\AlanWake which will be containing the resolution.xml file and if enabled then you might be get some debugging information also. If these files are not being founded then game regenerates it. Your save game will be stored under your Steam profile and also a mirror of it into Steam Cloud if the option is been enabled. There is nothing stored under the computer registry, whereas Steam uses the registry to keep track that when you have installed the game and any related problem.

When you are entering into the house then movie is been triggered. I think you might have not installed the game on to the default location, even I think that you might have moved any of the .bik files which were there in the directory of the game.

I have the solution for it, when you have crossed the ropebridge then clay argues with you to enter into the house. I would suggest that you do not go into the house and stand with the clay over there. Then the screen will go blank for some time and cutscene would be start where shutting the door behind him and so on. I have tried it and it has worked for me, I would suggest that you also try it and it work for you.

There is a Walkthrough of this game on YouTube, if you search and play that video then it is having all the scene which you are looking for and also the method to get out from the house and reach to the light house, I was not able to complete then have searched about it and founded a video and follow it, so I was able to complete it. So I think that video might be helpful for you to complete episode 1.