Thread: Getting "openFileFailed, error code 0" while launching Alan wake

Getting "openFileFailed, error code 0" while launching Alan wake

After downloading and installing Alan wake game from steam I cannot launch Alan wake game in my computer. Now whenever I try to launch Alan wake game in my computer at that time I get “File IO Failure: openFileFailed, error code 0”. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting "openFileFailed, error code 0" while launching Alan wake

After looking at your problem I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this problem by validating the game files and after validating the game files you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? as far as I know after trying this solution you will be able to launch Alan wake game in your computer.

If you want to verify the game files of Alan wake then you have to follow this steps in your PC.
    • Open steam in your computer.
    • After that you to go to library section.
    • After that you have to right click on the game.
    • Select properties menu.
    • After that you need to select local files tab.
    • Now you have to click on the Verify integrity of game cache

After some minutes process will finished and then steam window will get closed automatically.

I have verified the game data as you have mentioned and after validating the game files when I tried to launch the game at that time I it worked fine. Now only problem is while playing game in my computer I get flickering and flashing textures which is very annoying foe me. If anyone has any idea regarding this then let me know.

To get rid of this problem you should try to solve this problem by turning off the SSAO option. First you have to launch Alan wake game in your computer and then you have to go to the setting and then select graphic setting and after that you have to turn off SSAO option and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? According tom this solution will fix your problem.

Well in my computer I am using Nvidia Beta drivers and I have Nvidia Inspector tool. I have set Ambient Occlusion compatibility to "0x00000029 and with this setting I am not facing problem with Alan wake games. You have to make sure that v-sync is disabled.