Thread: how to disable Anti-aliasing in Alan wake?

how to disable Anti-aliasing in Alan wake?

In my computer I have installed Alan wake game and it is very nice game. Now I am facing one problem while playing Alan wake game in my computer. Anti aliasing option this game has set to 2x by default is there any way to solve this problem then let me know?

Re: how to disable Anti-aliasing in Alan wake?

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that by creating the custom ctg file in your computer you will be able to disable anti aliasing option. If you have not tried this solution then you should try this and then see whether it makes any difference or not?

I am also looking for the solution to disable Anti aliasing option but after spending so much of time on the internet also I didn’t get any solution and after that I have come to know that Abti aliasing option does not get disabled completely in Alan wake game because game engine requires Anti aliasing option to be enabled. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

If you want to know anything more about the Alan wake game then let me know.

Thank you for helping me and sharing information with me. I want to also know that whether I can disable motion blur option in the Alan wake game or not? I have tried to search the option for that but I did not find anything. if anyone knows regarding this then let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

As you have mentioned that you want to disable Motion blur option in Alan wake but you are not able to do that and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to add “–noblur” command in the shortcut of the Alan wake game and after doing that you have to open Alan wake game in your computer and then check whether your problem get solved or not? as far as I know after trying this solution you problem might et solved. Try this trick and then let me know what the result is.

Yes I agree with the above solution. By adding “–noblur” in the shortcut file this problem can get solved easily. In my computer I was also experiencing same problem and then I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved. You should also try this tick.

Exclamation Re: how to disable Anti-aliasing in Alan wake?

everytime i try to do what you asked to do it didn't work

so please give me the right way of how i must do it in :

"E:\Remedy Entertainment\Alan Wake\AlanWake.exe"

Quote Originally Posted by dani bilel View Post
    everytime i try to do what you asked to do it didn't work

so please give me the right way of how i must do it in :

"E:\Remedy Entertainment\Alan Wake\AlanWake.exe"
    So, you mean to say that you have installed the game in E: drive? Either case, there is no ways to turn off anti-aliasing in Alan Wake but you can bring down the game to 2x in the options menu. You can obvsiouly try to turn off every option one by one until you find some suitable Framerate. Or perhaps download the latest patch and install it and see if that makes any difference.