Thread: First impression of single player mode of Syndicate

First impression of single player mode of Syndicate

Has anyone played Syndicate’s demo version? How is it, can anyone share their experience.

Re: First impression of single player mode of Syndicate

I have played the initial part of the game which I liked. It has introduced some new ways of engaging enemy in battle. The AI was good, never encountered any briandead bot. The shooting mechanics are advanced and above expectations. The game becomes difficult as one progress. I could barely keep the enemies at bay when playing on normal difficulty.

The way in which the game is presented is very good. It is basically of Cyber Punk theme. The environment is big but doesn’t require scanning many objects. Decent game for First Person shooter category. During one of its pre-release announcement, it was said that game will be only 4 hours long. But it took me around 2 hours to complete the initial 2 levels of demo version. So the 4 hours suggested must be without completing side missions and focusing only on main story.

The levels are in linear format. There is no branching format in missions. Maybe it is because its demo version where developers don’t want to reveal much of the game. There is no way fo choosing stealth or Assault game methods. It’s completely assault based game, enemies attack you, you attack enemies head on.

As game progresses, the level of difficulty provided by AI also increases. So it becomes necessary for player to take cover using environmental objects for survival. The Ai is also designed intelligently. They change their attack methods according to position of player and superiority of attacks.