Thread: Streetpass data exchange blocked by spotpass and Nintendo Zone

Streetpass data exchange blocked by spotpass and Nintendo Zone

I have some streetpass doubts and issue. I am an all time user of Nintendo 3Ds, and I really love playing games in it. Now I just wanted to share little information and also wanted to clear few doubts with you all people.
    I heard the following things frequently from my friends:

• StreetPass data is blocked by the spotpass data exchanges
    • And also heard that the Streetpass are blocked permanently by the Nintendo Zone
    • Streetpass has the limit of only 10 Miis

Other than this also I need to confirm whether this streetpass exchange data if the 3DS is on it if it is connected to a WiFi network?

Re: Streetpass data exchange blocked by spotpass and Nintendo Zone

I am not sure with all the possible information which you have posted above but yes even I heard that spotpass data exchange blocks the streetpass data. Actually if you compare both streetpass and spotpass, the most interesting thing you will come to know is that the Nintendo 3Ds can only handle one amongst both of them. The spotpass may delay the data exchange in the sleep mode as it establishes a short internet connection in order to look out for the possible internet connection.

Let me also tell you that if your Nintendo 3Ds is on and if its connected to the wifi network the streetpass will not be able to exchange data. So now there will be no streetpass data sent or received whenever there will be a blue internet bar on the top of the screen.

Hey I agree with you, whenever there is a internet connection present and if the Nintendo 3Ds is on, the internet connection will always have the priority over the streetpass. So whenever you are in or around a wireless network, you Nintendo 3Ds is bound to connection to it through the spotpass in the sleep mode.

This means that as long as your spotpass is active and working the streetpass won’t be allowed to exchange any data. Now this will result in the data exchange rate going down and down if you are always around or you go through the free wireless networks. That’s why you notice a fluctuation in the time which is required for a streetpass to occur.

As according to me I think that the Nintendo zone actually blocks the streetpass. As we all know that there has already been reports that the streetpass does not works on the Nintendo 3Ds when it is connected to the Nintendo zone, in both demo and retail units. No matter what the condition is but 3Ds is always seems to be connected, even if it’s on or in the sleep mode.

Since we all know that the Nintendo Zone works through spotpass which is in line with the priority of spotpass.

Now that is not a big deal or a big issue for the user, they can actually deactivate the SpotPass / Nintendo Zone easily. By deactivating the SpotPass / Nintendo Zone from getting into the option you can restore the streetpass data exchange between the demo units and also the 3Ds. But this has to be configured in all 3Ds that are involved which actually needs confirmation.

I would really like to tell something regarding the streetpass limits for 10 Miis. Now the thing is that whenever you go somewhere out keeping your Nintendo 3Ds closed and in a standby mode the streetpass gets activated. Due to this now if you need 10 people on the way thought your streetpass you get their Miis even if the Nintendo 3Ds is closed and in a standby mode.

But for now onwards the further exchange of the streetpass won’t happen. Now without starting the Mii Lobby you can meet 10 Miis and also allow them to let in. the demo units will restrict the sending and receiving of streetpass data once you have got 10 Miis in a row.

When took a look at the notification, only the 3Ds sound has #/10 count. Have you ever noticed that the streetpass notifications and games have a #/10 counts. I gues10 is the maximum number of fighters that are present in order to rescue the king.

Let me tell you that if you have recently reached 10 maximum streetpasses , then don’t expect that you will get any more streetpasses until and unless you get into the Lobby and then let the Mii in just to reduce the notification counter.

Yeah you are right I have already noticed that #/10 counts in the notifications. But there is still a question going around in my mind. If I have already got the 10 Miis from the streetpass and if I go into the Mii Plaza just to meet them up and then play with them in Find Mii and Puzzle will I be able to get 10 more Miis from the streetpass?

I guess just meeting up the Mii by going to the Mii Plaza solves the issue completely. If you meet them up the notifications are removed. I don’t think that just reading and not meeting up the Mii will really help you to get more Miis. As it is, it has been said that Streetpass Mii Lobby has just 10 Mii Limits.