Thread: Execution of Alan Wake in PC leads to File IO error

Execution of Alan Wake in PC leads to File IO error

I downloaded Alan Wake from Steam downloads. I installed it in my PC. As I executed the game an error message popped up saying “File IO failure: createDirectoryFailed, error code 5”. What is it? Can anybody help me. I checked the data on Steam Downloads and there seems to be no problem with the data on my PC.

Re: Execution of Alan Wake in PC leads to File IO error

This problem occurs when one uses SSD drive on computer.
    I use SSD drive for Windows. In this case, the ‘My Documents’ folder is located on drive F. You can use folder properties to point the direction of data on another drive or another computer in network. If your game files are available in some another folder, you can target the folder containing its execution file to that folder.
    This does run the game properly.

Even I was facing the same problem with this game. After searching for a solution on the net I finally found a fix. We need to create a shortcut of Alanwake.exe on desktop. After that choose Contents > Compatibility > and choose 640 x 480. After that select to change the purpose of shortcut like this - "F:Remedy EntertainmentAlanWakeAlanWake.exe" -w1366 -h768. Now try to launch the game and it will work fine.

To solve this problem that you are getting with this game all you need to do is make a different Windows Account in your Windows setting menu. And select the account name in English only. After that relogin to your desktop and then with this new account run Steam click Alan Wake and check if the game starts to run fine again or not. Hope this helps.