Thread: Cannot launch Alan Wake

Cannot launch Alan Wake

I have downloaded Alan wake game and after installing the game in my computer when io try to launch the game at that time I get error saying that resolution is not supported. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Cannot launch Alan Wake

Have you tried to solve this problem by changing the resolution in your computer? if you have not tried to solve this problem changing the resolution then I will suggest you to change the resolution and then try to launch Alan wake game and after that your problem might get solved. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

You have not mentioned anything about your computer specification and that is why I would like to tell you that you should post your system specification so that in can give you solution according to that. You have to make sure that you are using latest graphic drivers in your computer.

I am playing Alan wake in steam and I was having problem because of the resolution and then I have tried to frorce resolution with –w and then my problem get solved. What I did opened steam and then right clicked on the game and then select properties. After that clicked on set launch option and then removed the launch option which I was currently using and then force the resolution with the with –W. you should also try this solution.

In my computer I am using latest graphic drivers and after referring your solution I have right click on display in my computer and then selected change resolution option. Now after that I have clicked on the resolution drop down option and then I have selected the recommended resolution and then click on OK. Now after that when I tried to launch Alan awake game at that time it worked. Now problem is while play game I get flickering graphic. How to solve this?

Changing the game launch option from steam worked for me. first i thought that problem is occuring because of the graphic drivers in my system but after reinstalling and updating drivers also problem does not get solved. after that i have tried to force resolution by adding –w and then problem get solved.