Thread: Buying 3G Playstation Vita won’t charge me for 3G services if I don’t use it?

Buying 3G Playstation Vita won’t charge me for 3G services if I don’t use it?

I am thinking to get PSVita First Edition Bundle. I am going to buy this only because it come recently and also I do not want to have the 3G. I want to ask that if I get the 3G PSVita and never pay for the 3G then will it possible to get the same thing with the wi-fi only? I don’t know that if this possible or not and so I am posting this over here to have some experience with you people. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

re: Buying 3G Playstation Vita won’t charge me for 3G services if I don’t use it?

If you will not pay for the 3G services then you will be able to make use of that through the wifi. This is optional choice. Anyways, WiFi is better choice as compared to the 3G network in terms of the performance.

re: Buying 3G Playstation Vita won’t charge me for 3G services if I don’t use it?

There is one loss if you don’t have the 3 G connection. If you are not having 3G services then you will not be able to use the GPS. So if you wish to have the benefits of the GPS then you must have the 3G services working in vita otherwise going to wifi is better option for you as you don’t want to use the 3G services.

If you are having the 3G services activated then you will be able to get the live updates for the games like warriors lair also for the turned based online play on the 3G.

You must keep this in mind that you will not make use of a lot of functionality if you are not having the GPS. In future, you might get some rewards like some gifts, presents, or something else while you travel from one place to other. I think, nearly all the PSVita owners are having the 3G services active. Other than this, if you are having the cellphone with SIM then you can pop that into the PSVita SIM slot and utilize the data from the SIM card. But you will be charged for that according to the plan that you have activated.

If you don’t have the 3G services then also you will be able to get the rewards over WiFi. For that you will just have to pass by from the spot where another Vita owner has passed. There is just one difference in that and that is "locating of other PS Vita users" might not be accurate.

The decision is completely depend on the way that you are going to make use of the Vita. If you are just going to use that at your home over wifi then going for only wifi is better option for you. But if you like to travel with that then you are bound to get the 3G services activated. If the getting 3G fits into your budget then you must go for that.