Thread: Portraits in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

Portraits in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

Hello friends, I wanted to say that why the developer not thinking about the portraits looks in the game, it is look very bad. Even there are 3D models but for that you need to purchase the 40U$ game, so what you have to think about it? If you people have some other thoughts about it, then please do share with me. Thank you.

Re: Portraits in Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

I have checked that and founded that it is dull, drab in look wise and it is not having any feature in it. There is no generic in it and if you try to find any difference then you will be not able to find it and it very little and also hard to tell. If you were playing the Jagged Alliance 2 in 2000 then you might have to think about it and will find it simply fantastic, where you will be finding it more good and near to perfect when it will be in Jagged Alliance 3. If you check the present one then it looks 3D polygon technology is a novelty or we went back in time.

Actually the developer wanted to have the lip movement when the character are talking and also in 3d rendering. Which already includes the static 2d or 3d model, but the output which has come is not good at all either a good static model or just using the Jagged Alliance 2 portraits with animated lips.

I think that the developer BitComposer of this game is not having the budget as the Blizzard/Activision, till now also I am thinking about the Starcraft II game and related to this topic thinking about Diablo III. I believe that Blizzard knew that they will not able to keep all the personality of their characters when using the 3D models in the game. It is very much surprising that it has not used the 3D models in Starcraft II, but they are having amazing art department, which manage it very well and pull it off.

Let me tell you that the Diablo 3 is having the larger roster of characters as compare to Starcraft 2 and the portraits which are there in Diablo 3 are traditional 2D artwork, which are not even animated. I believe that it is because they wanted to have it simple and not able to pull off the vast number of characters which is been need to keep the "soul" and/or personality of every single character. Whereas to preserve consistency then have not selected to do it in 3D or 2D animations for any of the Diablo 3 main character portraits, which might be having something around 10 five male/female classes which are not as many in comparison with Jagged Alliance.

If the developer were not having the budget of at least make 50 small portraits, that it will tough to check how much budget it take for whole. I have seen that they are having the same faces, you will get difference in the haircut and moustache, when you see them you will find it that you are looking at joker. If you are expected to have such thing in 2012 game then in 2022 it will having the different moustaches/haircuts. I have also seen that the other games are not having the better things.

Have checked the 3D portraits and founded that it is pathetic to have it in the game. I feel that the developer have not seen it or not have worked on this part. It should be fixed and made it something better. If they have added the static 2D picture then would be very much better than this 3D one. I really do not feel that the developers have worked on it.

You cannot say anything at the moment, it is been added on to it, just wait for the developer have to do with it and see that it making proper or not. If it is not then it should be replace with the 2D one.