Thread: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform ability with PS3

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform ability with PS3

I have seen in many posts that now PS3 users will not able to play this game with other platform players. That means, there is no clanwars or no cross-platform gaming. So I am thinking not to buy this game for PS3. There is lots of things going on between consoles and pc users. What do you suggest?

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform ability with PS3

I am very much experienced with the socom 2 and I played it on PS2. There I have assumed that it is not possible to compete with the PC players since they are very skilled and accurate. So it would be a very silly thing to put both PS3 players and PC players on the same server. So there is no chance and interest in play clanmatches. You will surely get bored if it will happen.

I have found that offline lan only counter-strike gameplay is very much beautiful and playable on consoles. So I am thinking about getting the same result over online multiplayer counter-strike. But due to the variation of controls it would be difficult to manage on servers. This because a PC players can play the game using full settings and resources to compete with the PS3 player where he was only few controls and single resource to batter with PC player. This brings slight difficulty between the PS3 players.

AS far as I think that the game is completely balanced in all way around no matter what platform it is on. When you are on server, the resources and settings are limited and balanced among all players whether you are playing on PC, Mac, or PS3. It really doesn’t matter here. The skill plays important role if you are going to play over online or server.

There are several reason behind not making the CS as cross-platform otherwise I simply think that"cross-play" should be an optional game mode. I can assume that CS on consoles will become a great success. The only thing Valve need to worry about is custom games and system link. There are several skilled console player waiting for to compete with PC gamers and they are ready for battle.