Thread: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Retail version?

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Retail version?

As I have heard that XBOX 360 users do need to log into XBOX live in order to purchase the game. However most the XBOX 360 users don’t have XBOX live in them and they want to get the game from the retailer. Here the problem is that Valve didn’t release retail version game. There are several retail version games for other platform but not for Xbox. It would be helpful if Valve find me a Retail version game. More to add I would like to see splitscreen in the game.

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Retail version?

As far as I know that in order to play the game in online on Xbox 360, you must have an Xbox live and account. So it is a necessary thing for all xbox users and there is no running away from that. On the other hand the Counter strike is pointless without online play. The real experience comes when you play against the real opponent but not with the bots. So there is no reason to bring the Retail version game for Xbox.

I am also looking forward to see the retail version game but the Valve didn’t make any official announcement about it yet. I want to get a copy of CS:GO and there are no copies available in stores yet. It seems like Valve is saving enough money by providing only the digital prints.

Yes. I also think the same. The valve is very smart since they are saving enough money by providing only downloads or digital copies. You can say that there is no problem with downloading the digital release but many users want to get retailer version due to several reasons. Some users might not have proper internet connection or bandwidth or data usage and due to this limitation they are willing to get one from stores only. The valve is making them more and more dissatisfaction.

The physical disc would be very well for many but digital download more sense here for some platform like PC. You just need to install only once and then play around. If needed you can keep the copy of game somewhere safe inside the HDD. So there is no need to Disc or something. The assumption is people who normally plays online game or multiplayer game would have internet connection with better speed and they don’t care about downloading any game no matter what size it may be. They should look at the price of the copy. As you know that the Digital download is slight more cheaply than Retail version. You can save few bucks there.