Thread: Resident Evil Revelations character runs very slowly

Resident Evil Revelations character runs very slowly

The game which is paired with mercenaries is not similar to this. I ‘found that the character run faster similar to the resident 5 and I really like that. But I gone through the demo which is updated then I found that the character runs like it is walking. It is hard to judge that whether character is walking or running. I am not able to understand that why they are making the character to run slowly.

Re: Resident Evil Revelations character runs very slowly

I would like to tell you that the Revelations is the survival horror and this is not the run-and-gun game. So don’t expect much speed from this game.

I am totally agree with the above post that it seems to run slow as of the hard core enemies which will give you the feeling that the game is running slow. She doesn't really run slowly. But the way she runs has changed. I am happy with the game and don’t have any complaint about it till now.

I also think that it has to be slow to move and this is because of the restrictive nature of her environment. Moving a bazillion takes an hour in tight corridors and that is janky and off putting, slowing the pace down not just to eliminate the jank but also assists the player become emmersed in the environment and pay attention to things. The slower movement also helps boost the 3D effect.

According to me, it feels slower as Jill moves at one speed only. If she walked as well as moved at her current run speed it wouldn't feel so slow. I have always felt that way about 3rd person titles with one movement speed.