Thread: What is the reason not to hold more titles for yourself in Crusader Kings II

What is the reason not to hold more titles for yourself in Crusader Kings II

Hello guys, i do not understand why to have the vassels for yourself? I am very much sure that it is very much better if you rule county and any cities? Presently i am duke and also i should not hope for the bishpery? If i do that then i will be able to get more tax and also able to raise more men. But i do not understand what is the reason for "holder is of wrong type", i think someone of you might be knowing about it, please clear the doubt of mine. Thank you.

Re: What is the reason not to hold more titles for yourself in Crusader Kings II

If you are going to the demesne limit then it is very bad, then you will be getting less tax and even vassals will hate it. Even it is very much indeed will be better to hold the baronies for yourself, if you are having the 25 % tax for it then also you will be having wrong ogv type, if you are giving to the vassals then you will be getting less tax.

Re: What is the reason not to hold more titles for yourself in Crusader Kings II

Where i believe that 25% to tax from the holding is the wrong stuff, specially in demo. The penalty will be raised in the full version as it will be released. Even you can get penalties for holding too much stuff. I would suggest that you better you keep the castles, preferably counties, not the baronies, but you keep it till what limit you are having it. You should give away other stuff. When you will be reaching the limit it seems to be ok to hold on wrong stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    If you are going to the demesne limit then it is very bad, then you will be getting less tax and even vassals will hate it. Even it is very much indeed will be better to hold the baronies for yourself, if you are having the 25 % tax for it then also you will be having wrong ogv type, if you are giving to the vassals then you will be getting less tax.
    I also wanted to know that what is the difference between the "raise personal levy" and "raise relam levy" from a vassel. I think both of them are identical, so the distinction escapes. I feel it is been the best game by the paradox till what i have played till now, finding it interesting in demo.

Quote Originally Posted by DevenderD View Post
    Where i believe that 25% to tax from the holding is the wrong stuff, specially in demo. The penalty will be raised in the full version as it will be released. Even you can get penalties for holding too much stuff. I would suggest that you better you keep the castles, preferably counties, not the baronies, but you keep it till what limit you are having it. You should give away other stuff. When you will be reaching the limit it seems to be ok to hold on wrong stuff.
    That was the 75% vs about 15%, then it would let you to use a vassel and also think that you can get 100% levy when you are handling it rather than the tiny levy which you get when the vassels hold it at present. When i am on city then get about 10% of the levy and thats with good relations.

If you are talking about personal levy then it is your personal levy. You will not be able to raise that from a vassal. When you click on a province, all it will be telling you that "raise county levies" which then means everything in that province, yours and vassals'. Whereas the vassals holds some troops even if you have asked them for soldiers. If you are depending on crown laws and opinion, then in that lowest crown laws mean he retains 50% of his troops AFAIK, and the harshest crown laws mean which can hold only 20%. The vassal keeps these as his own personal levy, and you cannot ask him for those men.

I am at present at the duke of munster and not having any of the crown laws, which is the only thing for king? But for the raise personal levy, it is telling that under the raise levys from vassels. It does not make any sense with it. Raising the realm levy which is there on the top of the military bar which is not different with the "raise vassel levys"

I believe that you will have to least give up land to your sons to avoid the un-landed sons prestige penalty (and giving your sons more opportunity to gain their own prestige). Also there is a degree of choice here, while you will make more money from held cities, you will also get less solid troops than you would from a castle and both count toward your demesne limit as far as I know. I do not find anything wrong with it and also it is making sense in some of the situations that you can keep cities/churches for yourself despite the penalty. Even wanted to tell that there other balancing factors at work.

Quote Originally Posted by LUsTRe View Post
    That was the 75% vs about 15%, then it would let you to use a vassel and also think that you can get 100% levy when you are handling it rather than the tiny levy which you get when the vassels hold it at present. When i am on city then get about 10% of the levy and thats with good relations.
    You will only getting 15% off the top from a city or bishopric vassal, where the rest of it is been kept by the vassal and it mostly used for buildings which will increase the troops/income you get from that holding. If you are hold to that then you will get 25% less money in total which will be going to improving your realm. Such thing will not be noticeable in the demo version time frame, you will be better off when you will running in the full version.