Thread: Balance and symmetry in multiplayer mode of Oil Rush

Balance and symmetry in multiplayer mode of Oil Rush

Balance plays really important role while playing multiplayer mode of the game. in this particular game Oil Rush there is nothing like Faction so there is nothing which can do in the game. the unit can be spwn from the specific point of rig and it is dependent on orientations of rig in map the spawn on the different sites of the map. If two players on the same map then they will spawn at the same time units. If one player spawn the unit closer to the next rig. So he cannot attack the next rig before the few seconds earlier in the game. couple of seconds in the beginning can be counted into a minutes late in game so one of the player would have theoretical advantage. At the pro level the difference could be huge.

Re: Balance and symmetry in multiplayer mode of Oil Rush

Well according to me tech tree is quite more important part of the balancing. This the only one way in the game is quite strong and most of the other things are quite week and it did not seems to reachable since the game is not long enough.

I agree with you but if two players are on the same tech tree then one of the player will definitely get an advantage because of the map. The difference would be really small.

Mostly all the bases are defended by 3 Raidersships. As I am sending 6 Piranha against of 3 Raiders then Piranha would win only when Raiders are not on the side of arrival. As they encounter Piranha would kill one after the another. When they will encounter from the front of base Piranha will attack on both the Raiderships and in that particular situation they will definitely loose the game. such kind of scenario mostly get happens in Maps Fire in sky and Chemical Plant.

One unit would need 30sec to get around from the base. piranha base points are supposed to down left. In Map Rain and Arctic single player will get new piranha 15sec early before the other player. And after that game begins.

I am suspecting that issue is associated with AI rather than that of the Map design. You can also send the units into 3 different from the starting point. Hence there is no need to circle half around of it.

Well I do agree with the thing which you have stated over here. there is one right direction to send the first units. There are potential chances that both the players are doing the same kind of the thing. at the pro level of status such small thing can make big difference in the game. there is need of RTS balance if you are looking to have good multiplayer mode of the game. if there two players who are playing on the non symmetrical map then one of the player would have advantage of both.

A good RTS game should have good graphics, Story and many hours of singleplayer Campaign. Also there should be stable and balanced multiplayer gaming for pro level.
    As far as above mentioned problem is concerned the developer of the game should provide mod.

I think we are having to much important to symmetry rather than entire thing is dependent on the time. According to me placement of the towers at the neutral platform is quite important for the symmetry. There is need of moving the army in right place and it is suitblae to do fast attack. This will give equal chances from the beginning of the game.

Also I am assuming that technology tree si quite more important for the balance than that of the little difference into the symmetry of the platforms placement.

If you are playing the game at the higher level you will require to select higher game speed and it will help you to reduce that kind of advantage. In to the map fire in the sky when every single player attacks on the next base into the clockwise rotation in that particular second some players would manage to capture there respective base and another not. It is getting happen because of the position from Raiders ships.

Both players can use same number of the opponents and what tech tree is other player is going. There are chances that some of tech tree is quite better or both players might be having same kind of playing style. Hence there are chances that both the players are making use of same techtree.