Thread: Region capitals make no sense in Victoria 2

Region capitals make no sense in Victoria 2

You might also be knowing that the Iasi (670) is capital of Moldavia but all the capital_scope stuff relate province 673 (Galati). This is same to with Wallachia. In fact I can bet that if you went throughout the map\regions.txt file then you would find a group of regions where the defined capital is not same as the capital of the country.

Re: Region capitals make no sense in Victoria 2

Is this really matters? As far as I know that the states within the game don`t shows the real life states they just attempt to broadly look like them. Regional capital might be based on more vital city, more industrious city otherwise political capital for the region. At the end it is only a means to demonstrate factory icons within a single province.

I can say that it ought to be the most important and biggest city within the region. I am saying this because that is where you will have the factories as well as capital. The issue with this is that in many cases, that is not like this and the capital is only the province through the lowest id from the list. I wouldn't say it's a huge problem but looks a bit strange while looking at the layout of pops within a specified state.

Within the game the states are not equal to the RL political states all the times other than the cases where there is two matches up. So someone arguing that the capital of the in-game region must be the political capital of RL state.

I don’t think that there is some requirement to mention that these vital cities have changed by the time and this is particularly as of that time period to now. While in the in-game time period, there are some of the cities which went from relative obscurity towards significant importance. Mastering all of these options will be the best key to deciding the best way to make our country a great power.

If you see the Map/region.txt then you will find that this is the giant list of every region through provinces in that. It will be listed within the brackets. For every state, the capital is the initial one on the list. Therefore you should be equipped to re-order them in order to make the capital whatever you desire. I have done this for Baghdad (not the state capital in vanilla) but I have not at all got around checking if it really works.