Thread: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

question Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

Hell everyone,

I have opened this thread to have a discussion about the Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction game. The camera which would be placed at the hood or the bonnet for the view. I have posted this thread here because I want to know form you guys about the Tweaking Car Camera iof this game that would give some different view to play. Any suggestions guys? Thank You in advance.

Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

There was a discussion about this topic on one thread and it was posted that the Monster Trucks of this game contains the Far and the Close cameras that are reversed.
    But I don’t think so because I have played this game and made a ride with the Monster Truck and I found that the close camera is more closer as compared to the far camera. While using the far camera it shows Monster Truck rear wheels. Here are the images of the close camera and the far camera.

Image of the Camera far:

Image of the Camera close:

smile Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

I was thinking that we can create the different xml files of the common cameras and let that cameras to be in the position where you like to be. This will give the view of the camera which you want. I wonder if this game would give the settings of the cameras to the users to set it in the default position which they want.

unsure Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

Original Post by Muskil:

I was thinking that we can create the different xml files of the common cameras and let that cameras to be in the position where you like to be. This will give the view of the camera which you want. I wonder if this game would give the settings of the cameras to the users to set it in the default position which they want.
    I have done with the camedit option and the camera moved around but the problem is that the camsave didn’t save the new settings to the xml files of the common cameras. I think I have to try with some another method rather.

l33t Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

Original Post by Jung:
    I have done with the camedit option and the camera moved around but the problem is that the camsave didn’t save the new settings to the xml files of the common cameras. I think I have to try with some another method rather.
    I was not able to add the camera no. 4 to the xml file of the common cameras. That is why I have chosen the bumper camera for tweaking. I got to know that if you would change the EntityVisible=0 to the EntityVisible=1 than the bumper camera will show the position of the front of the car. If you don t want to lose watching the front of the car while you speed up the car by boost then you have to set the FOV1=35.

This is the hood view from the cam hood:

ThumbsUp Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

Original Post by VazV:
    I was not able to add the camera no. 4 to the xml file of the common cameras. That is why I have chosen the bumper camera for tweaking. I got to know that if you would change the EntityVisible=0 to the EntityVisible=1 than the bumper camera will show the position of the front of the car. If you don t want to lose watching the front of the car while you speed up the car by boost then you have to set the FOV1=35.
    Really appreciated by this comment. I have changed the FOV =1 from the FOV=0 and now found that during the speed up I am able to see the front camera of the car. Thank You.

question Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

I think I have encounterd a problem with setting the file of the camera. I have found that close camera numbers and the far camera numbers are the same. That is why I am confused that how do the far camera ends up from the further position away form the back position of the car as compared to the close camera when their numbers are same?
    To acknowledge this I had copied the codes for the bumper camera and pasted that codes in the far camera as well as the close camera. By doing this I thought all the cameras would be looking same while playing the game. But unfortunately this didn’t happened. I want to know that does the setting that would be present in the other file causing the effect to the cameras?

Exclamation Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

Original Post by Muskil:
    I think I have encountered a problem with setting the file of the camera. I have found that close camera numbers and the far camera numbers are the same. That is why I am confused that how do the far camera ends up from the further position away form the back position of the car as compared to the close camera when their numbers are same?
    To acknowledge this I had copied the codes for the bumper camera and pasted that codes in the far camera as well as the close camera. By doing this I thought all the cameras would be looking same while playing the game. But unfortunately this didn’t happened. I want to know that does the setting that would be present in the other file causing the effect to the cameras?
    I am playing this game and I have found that close cameras and the far cameras of the game are reversed in the position. That is really somewhat disgusting.

I was able to check the cameras which are in the Monster Truck mode and I have found that both the close cam and the far cam are different. The close camera and the far camera are positioned at the back side as compared to the view that you get during the Racing. But when the comparison comes you will notice that the far camera is further back as compared to the close camera. Also notice that there are different camera files when you consider the Monster Truck mode. I have played the Big Battle Derby with the help of the Monster Truck but I found that the cameras were the same as that of the Monster Truck mode. The xml file of the Common Cameras Battle would be the secondary file for the camera and I think that the different cameras would be coming from this secondary file.

Down Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

I think that the secondary file which you are talking about seems to be incorrect because that is not the case. The cameras are reversed in the Monster truck mode and they do whenever I have played the game. I will give you the images if it would be possible.

idea Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

Original Post by LotusN:
    I think that the secondary file which you are talking about seems to be incorrect because that is not the case. The cameras are reversed in the Monster truck mode and they do whenever I have played the game. I will give you the images if it would be possible.
    I think that the FOV is found to be higher when the destruction and the Monster Truck mode is taken into the consideration. This may also affect the distance while playing.

Bubboy wrote:

I think that the FOV is found to be higher when the destruction and the Monster Truck mode is taken into the consideration. This may also affect the distance while playing.
    Thank You for this useful comment. But the main problem now I am facing is of the savecam because it is not working for saving the file to the secondary file which I am trying to do. The image is of the Hood cam while playing the game.

OMFG Re: Tweaking Car Camera in Flatout 3 Chaos and Destruction

Hey, the image what you have shown is difficult to identify. I am not able to see the car in your image. Only the gauge and the map location is able to be identified properly on your image. Thank You.