Thread: Wii unable to work on Sharp LCD

Wii unable to work on Sharp LCD

I was recently looking for a home video game console and then decided to buy a wii. It was a great experience while playing game with it. So to add on, I have some issues with my sharp LCD. I recently bought a Sharp LCD and hooked up the Wii but it comes in a little unclear and in black and white color appearance. I came to know that many people who have this experience a similar kind of issue in this case. I also tried to find the solution on the internet, but however I was unable to find it. Do you have some suggestions regarding this case as to make this sort out.

Re: Wii unable to work on Sharp LCD

According to me, I should say in this case that you have issues with your LCD and, I had also experienced a similar situation ,but I would like to know before proceeding further that What type of cables are you making use of ? regular (yellow / red / white ) or else component cables? In addition to this , Whats the model of your tv?

Thank you as you are concerning in my issue. So to state you with the answer, I'm making use of the standard composite cable which came with the Wii (red/yellow/white). I am not remembering the model no though. But I will have a quick reply for this. And according to me, I suppose that this is the common problem with the sharp LCD. Is this true as my friend has the same device, and he has LCD of Sony and there are no problems with him yet.

As per my knowledge, I should say that a component cable may be the right answer for your query. To add further, RocketFish Wii 6' Component Cable (ND-GWII1122) would be better option to use. I have a Toshiba LCD and the Wii works very well, but i believe I'm going to attempt these cables additionally. I read that there is a slight picture improvement. Picture scaling tend to appear easier for HDTV's at the time of making use of component cables. And I suppose that this is the area where your Sharp is having an problem.

Hello guys, I am also making use of the same device which you have stated and I'm sure there are many other places to acquire component cables if you don’t find at some place. And to add, an online retailer may be the cheapest route, however a local store may be easier for returns if they are unable to work in your case .

I have some suggestions regarding this case and hope it helps you further. for a HD TV anyhow component is much improved to get the finest quality signal for the Wii the interlaced 480i you get with just the usual cable can actually not seem very superior on a HD tv .

I found that it depends on the model number of your television as for getting the wii to work properly and as I can state the issues related with your LCD when you provide a specific model no of your concerned device.

Sorry, for the late reply. So as you are concerning with the model no, I have LC40LE810UN of the Sharp product and the issue didn’t solved till now. So are there any fix solutions for my LCD. Thanks.

It is something related to the Component Cables and I can say here that there is a strong requirement of them. I found from some sites that they are saying something like converter cable, but here, I will not recommend you to have a converter cable but according to me , you should go for component cables. You can have a check of the same on Amazon . in passing, that is one great TV. Aside from your Wii concern the reviews / ratings that come up seem really positive.

Really great thanks for your assistance . I'm going to make an attempt for the component cable, but I also came up top know from best buy and I was supposing to buy from it but however, Best Buy didn't have any in the store and the holidays had me distracted. Thanks as I really solved my issue.