Thread: How to transfer loaded games from the wii to a harddrive?

How to transfer loaded games from the wii to a harddrive?

I am having a no of games loaded on my wii and I am willing to transfer them to a hard drive, actually I want to get more games and I am running out of space but then I just don’t want to lose the games that I am having, so I just wanted to know How to transfer loaded games from the wii to a hard drive, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: How to transfer loaded games from the wii to a harddrive?

I am having a no of games loaded on my wii and I am willing to transfer them to a hard drive, actually I want to get more games and I am running out of space but then I just don’t want to lose the games that I am having, so I just wanted to know How to transfer loaded games from the wii to a hard drive, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    You can try out the mighty channel actually it is a channel loader for Wii which make use of Waninkoko's cIOS NAND emulator. It will help you to load SD card or USB device as that of the Wii's NAND and you can just play the games that you have purchased from the same SD card or USB device but then it has to be Fat32 and it won’t work for NTFS or WBFS, so I don’t think that you will be able to use HDD fort this purpose.

Thanks for that but then the other issue with me is that I am not having the NAND backup I had lost it since the wii was soft moded, so I don’t think that the above solution will be able to help me out, just wanted to know that is there any other method that I can try out to make NAND backup again?? Or is there any workaround to get it in the hdd or it is just not possible to do the same??

As far as I am aware there is no solution for getting it transferred to the hdd by now but then if you are willing to get the NAND backup again then you can just use the bootmii in order to do so and that should help you out without any further issues. Hope that helps.

I am aware of that but then in my case I have mentioned that the wii that I am having has been softmoded from 4.3u I am not having a option of the bootmii menu, is it possible to get it align again?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

If you want then you can try out the below steps and see if it is helping:
    • First just load the BootMii and just press the following buttons but then just do not hold the same on the Wii console and follow this Power > Power > Power > Reset > Reset
    • If you want then you can also try to navigate to the menu using gamecube controller that is present in the port 1 you have to just follow this Press Right > Right > Right > A > A.(make sure that you are just pressing it and not holding it)

Just try it out and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.

I don’t think that the above solution is helping me out because I have tried to load the bootmii from homebrew it is not having any problem in going till the original bootmii menu and after that it goes to the menu page where I am not having NAND back up option. I also wanted to add that I was using DACOTACO version of bootmii(4.3 u) but then now I am using 4.1u, is there any chances that the Preloader might be making the mess?? What do you think about the same??

No I don’t think that it might be making any impact, I just wanted to know that what is the menu page or the menu option that you are getting after the bootmii gets loaded as you have mentioned above, just make a note of the option and the menus and then post the same here so I could have a better idea if the issue that you are facing.

I am getting the below options when the bootmii gets loaded and I am able to control all of the following with the wii controller:
    Main Menu:
    • Apps manager
    • IOS manager
    • WAD manager
    • Manage Priiloader
    • Manage System menu
    • Manage Wii Channels
    • Install and Patch IOS36
    • Remove Stub IOSs
    • Display Boot2 info
    • Display wii system info
    • Load another IOS

Do you have an idea about the same??

The options that you have just posted are from the multi mod manager menu and they have nothing to do with the bootmii, I will suggest you to just get the backup of the contents that you are having on the sd card in to your computer and after that just extract these files to the card. Also make sure that you are taking the 2 files which are in the first folder and then pasting them in the root of the sd card, if you forget to do the same then you will get a black screen when you will load the bootmii,l so make sure that you don’t. Just try it out and see what you are getting.