Thread: King arthur II more unlplayable than the first version

King arthur II more unlplayable than the first version

Now I am facing this problem from last 2 years. I have been a big fan of king Arthur series but you can’t believe, I have not yet played even the first version properly. Whenever I was supposed to play the game, I use to face recurring run-time crashes during the battle. And sometimes the system use to shut down automatically. Never got a solution for this problem but in that past 2 year the next version of this game is ready, in fact I bought the game thinking that at least it would work in my computer, but quite shocked to see that it won’t work. Anyone here who can make me plays this game in my own computer as soon as possible.

Re: King arthur II more unlplayable than the first version

Have you ever tried to check whether your graphic card supports your game or not. Make sure that your graphic card is working properly or supportable to this game. If not then replace it and then delete that game from the system completely. After deleting download the game and then install it again into the pc.
    Again make sure that you install the game properly without any error, if you face any error just stop the installation. And if the installation is completed, most probably your game should run now.

Everything is the same, same game, same issue I have been facing through from last 1 year. But I never cared to know what could be the problem, and later on I lost interest from this game believing that there is not solution exist for the problem I am facing.
    More over to the information mentioned in the above post I would like to append some more details in my case. Initially while playing the version one of King Arthur, I use to note down the unusual problems. Some of them were like while playing, the voices use to break in between, also the menu was broken; not exactly broken but the names use to appear repeatedly for example, "menue.option.1.Desk" and there is no way to go further the menus "Quest.introquest.state4.Desk". Everything goes completely over my head.

By looking at the text which you get from your menu think you should try out changing the language of the game. You can get the language from the steam Games Library. I am not sure whether it will sort out the complete problem but at least I believe that it can handle the menu issue. To get the language:

Go to Steam Games Library
    Right click King Arthur II – The Role Playing Wargame.
    Select properties
    Select Language Tab
    Choose English

No doubt the above solution should definitely solve the issue. It’s because I think that there is a steam issue in your game. And for your kind information steam downloads all important files which make the game possible to run. This steam also has the language file, and I guess your problem lies there. The language file is either corrupted or it’s not copied properly.

So sad to hear that you have been unable to play a game which seems to be one of your favorite one. Most probably your problem could be the steam bug that occurs in least cases. The above text you mentioned clearly says that some of the game files has been not downloaded properly by the steam and due to this unfortunately the integrity verification of the game cache cannot help in any of the cases. If any doubt you can try it out and let me know whether it makes any sense or not.

I am completely unaware about the technical concepts. Just need to tell you that I didn’t get anything you said. But it would be much better if you provide me with some appropriate solution only if it is possible to implement by me.
    It’s not that I didn’t get the reason for the problem; I understood that there are some key files missing in the folder due to which the game is unable to play. But now I am confused whether I need to download or install anything extra in my computer to solve the issue.

No there is nothing to be downloaded to make this game run. Simply you just need to follow these step which I have mentioned below to solve the problem:

Open up the steam by singing in.
    Go to your steam Library.
    Right click King Arthur II – The Role Playing Wargame.
    Click on “Delete local content...” the follow the instruction
    Then install the game again.

It is necessary to do it 3 times only at one occasion. Maybe the game will run after one attempt or it can also take two attempts to run, but if not in both occasions then you need do it the third time. As you know that it’s not a game bug so unfortunately you cannot do anything excepting for wasting lot of your time.

My Pc configuration is as follows:-

quad core 3Gb
    6 Gb of Ram
    geforce gtx 590
    windows 7 64 bits

The reason I mentioned my computer configuration over here is because even I am unable to play not only King Arthur but also most of the higher resolution games. Now one of my friend said that this problem occurs most probably due to the video card present in our computer, sometimes they are unable to support or are incompatible with some games. So I just need to confirm whether my graphic card is advisable to run the games like King Arthur series. If not then what should I do? Is there any other card which is appropriately suitable for my pc and this game?

I don’t think the video card which is present in your computer should have any problem in playing that game. It is highly compatible and recommended for almost all games. Anyways if you doubt your graphic card for the failure of the game in your computer and if you have decided to replace your video card, then I would strongly recommend you go for Nvidia Graphics Card- Geforce 8800 GT and if you want to go for ATI then you can buy Radeon HD 3800 series . anyways I would mention the required specifications for King Arthur game to support your pc.

Intel Processor- Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13GHz
    AMD Processor- Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+
    Nvidia Graphics Card- Geforce 8800 GT
    ATI Graphics Card- Radeon HD 3800 series
    RAM Memory- 1.5 GB
    Hard Disk Space- 6 GB
    Direct X- 9