Thread: Not able to start King Arthur II: The Roleplaying War Game

Not able to start King Arthur II: The Roleplaying War Game

I have recently downloaded this game and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to boot then it gets top and then says that it is not able to find WMVCore.ddl, I don’t have any idea about what it means and what should I do to solve the same out, is there anyone who can help me out to get it work.

Re: Not able to start King Arthur II: The Roleplaying War Game

I have recently downloaded this game and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to boot then it gets top and then says that it is not able to find WMVCore.ddl, I don’t have any idea about what it means and what should I do to solve the same out, is there anyone who can help me out to get it work.
    I think that the WMVCore.ddl is the Windows Media Player so there are possibilities that it might be required for this game in some aspect, so if you are having it disable then just enable it and then see if it is helping you or not, If it does not then the other thing that you can try out is installing the latest driver for the Windows Media Player and after that run the game, just try it out and then let me know if the issue is solved or not.

You can try out the above solution but then if that does not work then you can also try out reinstalling the game and see if it is making any difference or not. The file that you have mentioned is a dll file and I think that you have either missed that file or you might have lost it somehow during the installation of the game, so do try reinstalling the game.

I have tried out enabling the windows media player and I have also got the latest update for them as well but then I don’t think that there is some problem related to the same because even after updating the windows media player I am still getting the same issue, Other than this I also wanted to share that the autosetup is not working as well, actually I the installation of the game was interfered and was not completed so I had started the installing process again but then the second time it skipped the process and started giving me error, so now I am thinking that there has been some kind of conflict between the first unsuccessful installation and the second one but then I don’t know what I have to do to get it work, is there any other solution that I can try out to get this game started??

I have tried out enabling the windows media player and I have also got the latest update for them as well but then I don’t think that there is some problem related to the same because even after updating the windows media player I am still getting the same issue, Other than this I also wanted to share that the autosetup is not working as well, actually I the installation of the game was interfered and was not completed so I had started the installing process again but then the second time it skipped the process and started giving me error, so now I am thinking that there has been some kind of conflict between the first unsuccessful installation and the second one but then I don’t know what I have to do to get it work, is there any other solution that I can try out to get this game started??

I think that I can help you here, just follow the below steps:
    • Just go to Steam Games Library and after that just right click on the King Arthur II - The Role-playing Wargame and after that proceed with the Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game Cache...
    • After the above process is completed and you still have the same problem then go in to the game folder, basically it will be in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\kingarthurii\ InstallUtils
    • And then right click on the exe file and then run it as an administrator and see if the game is working fine or not.

Hey I have tried out the same but then unfortunately even this solution is not helping me out and I am still having the same issue, I really need an effective solution to solve this out because I really like this game and I don’t want to miss it because of any such issue, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I don’t know why these solutions are not working for you anyways I wanted to know that how have you removed or uninstalled the game, I mean that have you just delete it from the steam by right clicking on the game?? Or you have tried some other method for the same?? Just answer me out for further help.

Yes I have deleted it in the same way I thought that this will remove all the existing data related to the game and after that I will install it again but then what are you asking so?? Have I did something wrong? Was there any other method of removing the game? Please help!!

After going through your issue I think that the file that you have mentioned is based on MicroSoft Developer’s Network which is related to the Windows Media Player, I will suggest you to better go to the Microsoft website and then download and then install the windows media player 12 and after that try reinstalling the game, Juts try it out and I think that this should definitely solve the issue but then if you get any error then just make a note of it and then post the same here for further help.

No that’s not helping I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the game several times and I have installed the windows media player 12 but then they are just not making any difference, I really don’t think that the issue is related to them but then I don’t know what is the issue as well, I have been trying to find out a solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have not yet found one, if there is some other workaround that I can try out then please let me know and it will be highly appreciated.