Thread: How to build a Gaming PC for Star Wars: The Old Republic

How to build a Gaming PC for Star Wars: The Old Republic

Hello friends, i wanted to know that what is important need to build a gaming PC, i wanted to build it for the Star Wars: The Old Republic game, I am really huge fan of this game, so can you people advice that what are the things which are been needed for it and also tell that what other game can i play. So please tell me. Thank you.

Re: How to build a Gaming PC for Star Wars: The Old Republic

For the best and also complete the gaming PC i would say that you have to get the different components for it. For the CPU part i would suggest you go for the Intel Core i5-2500K Processor which is the best and also mostly running one in the market. There should be a graphics card, without that PC is not a gaming one, for it you go for the Nvidia GTX560 or GTX570 even you can go for the AMD 6950 or 6970, both of them are the best and proper for the gaming PC. For the Motherboard you go for the sandy bridge and that too having the Z68 board. I would recommend you to go for the ASUS board. The RAM which will be coming with the board will be the best and also you can use it, where 1333 will be run equally as 1600 RAM.

i would suggest that you install the better cooling in the system, you might get the stock cooler with the cabinet, but you better take some other which will be the best. Third party cooler are always been the best, if you are not using the PC with the proper gaming configuration. If you think about the budget then you would be very tough to make the gaming PC. I would like to tell that the PSU which you will be installing should be having the 600w or more than that, if it it less then there will be load on CPU. The rest will work the best, and the configuration which you wanted to have it you can have as per your budget.

The gaming PC is not been completed with the best LCD screen or the LED screen and also the gaming mouse and keyboard. If you are not having them then it is not worth at all to complete. Whereas i am using the 27" of the Asus monitor with the 1920x1080 resolution, so makes the game more better and effective to play and also you will be able to know. When you are getting the keyboard then you get the back lit one which will be the best for playing the game in the night and for the mouse you get the razer naga type one.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    The gaming PC is not been completed with the best LCD screen or the LED screen and also the gaming mouse and keyboard. If you are not having them then it is not worth at all to complete. Whereas i am using the 27" of the Asus monitor with the 1920x1080 resolution, so makes the game more better and effective to play and also you will be able to know. When you are getting the keyboard then you get the back lit one which will be the best for playing the game in the night and for the mouse you get the razer naga type one.
    I do not think that when playing the game we have to look on the keyboard, we always see on the monitor, if you do like that then we will not play the game properly and also will be hit or die in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer-Boy View Post
    Hello friends, i wanted to know that what is important need to build a gaming PC, i wanted to build it for the Star Wars: The Old Republic game, I am really huge fan of this game, so can you people advice that what are the things which are been needed for it and also tell that what other game can i play. So please tell me. Thank you.
    I would suggest that you use the Logitech G19 & G15 Keyboards with LCD screen on it, which is the best and also you will be able to get the back lit in it, so when you look at the keyboard then you can play the play the game looking at the LCD of the keyboard. LCD is the major part to help, where you go for the back lit keyboards then it will be not helpful for you.

I do not think that the gaming mouse and the keyboard will be very useful and the main thing is the configuration which is important to build the PC. So i would also suggest that you take i5 processor with the Nvidia GTX 580 graphics card, go for the ASUS motherboard, i am using one of those which are working very much better, the PSU should be more than 600w and you should have cooler installed. All these things are the important and must be there in the PC, then monitor and other stuff are optional and you can select them as per you needs.

I was thinking for the back lit keyboard as i usually play games in the night, i will try to go for the LCD screen, thanks for the suggestion, but i wanted to know that the third party cooler are best then using the default coolers which come with it. Do you people that the PC is been overheated and if try to run it with the 4GB RAM. It should work properly if we do not do the overclocking? Even i was thinking to go for the GTX card not for the AMD. So can you please tell me more about it, thank you.

The third party cooler is been good and better until and unless the stock cooler which is been installed on the cabinet. Sometimes it happen that you are playing the game and the system gets heated and it gives some problem. So you avoid the problem and keep the system cool, you need have better cooler, if the stock is sufficient enough then no need for the third party cooler.

If you going for the GTX as per the brand name then you do not get it. If you check for the price of both of the cards then you will be getting very much difference in it and i have used the AMD, it is the best and also cheap then the Nvidia, also give the same performance which the other give. So you can save the money and get the same and better output.

i would say that you get the i5 2500k processor with the 8 GB RAM, GTX 570 and perfect cooler to keep the system cool. The monitor should be more than the 24", then only it is fun to play and enjoy the game. If you are building full gaming PC then you should have the gaming keyboard and mouse, which you can select as per you fit to do it. But the rest are the important to have it. So once you build a good PC then you will be able to play any game on it and also no issue while playing.

I was searching on the internet for some of the gaming pc, then i was able to get some of the best deals, but the problem it was too expensive to get it and i have checked the same configuration on the site then it was litter cheaper. So i was think to purchase them but i wanted to know that the PC which are been shown will be available with the keyboards/mouses/ monitors or i have to purchase it? Even i am looking for the high quality cooler which can reduce the overclocking, even looking best monitor, so suggest some if you know.