Thread: How to change Xbox LIVE Gamertag

How to change Xbox LIVE Gamertag

Hi friends recently I was trying to change my Xbox Live Gamertag, but however I can’t able to change it. So I am very much confused to change my Gamertag. So if you guys have any of the information or any ideas for changing the Gamertag of Xbox Live, then please let me know. Any of the suggestion or the solution will be appreciated and thanks.

Re: How to change Xbox LIVE Gamertag

According to my information you can easily change the gamertag for you Xbox LIVE, so for that you just have to make use of the Microsoft Points. So with the help of the Microsoft Points there are the chances for changing the Xbox Live Gamertag.

To change the Xbox Live Gamertag, there are some condition and terms. If you have created your gamertag during Xbox LIVE sign-up then there are the chances that you can change your Gamertag once for free. And reset of all the other Xbox LIVE gamertag changes will charge some of the Microsoft Points.

There are some of the simple steps; you have to follow if you wish to change the Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    • First you have to sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag, which you want to change.
    • Now after signing in, you just have to go to the Social and there you have to make the selection of your gamertag.
    • After that, you have to select Change Gamertag.
    • There the option available for ‘Enter New Gamertag’ and for ‘Get Suggestions’ to view possible gamertags.
    • So once you have made the selection of the New Gamertag or Enter the New Gamertag, you just have to select the option Yes, use this gamertag.

This is the simple way to change the Xbox LIVE gamertag.

I am thinking to change my Xbox LIVE gamertag, but I am worry about to inform the friends, so I just want to know is there any way to inform the friends that I have in the list about this changes of the gamertag, will I lose the friends with this particular gamertag changes for Xbox Live. If you have any ideas then please let me know.

I am thinking to change my Xbox LIVE gamertag, but I am worry about to inform the friends, so I just want to know is there any way to inform the friends that I have in the list about this changes of the gamertag, will I lose the friends with this particular gamertag changes for Xbox Live. If you have any ideas then please let me know.
    According to my information, when you confirm your new gamertag for Xbox LIVE, these changes will spread across the Xbox LIVE. So for that I think there is no need to tell your friends about these changes for the gamertag, your friends lists will automatically update. So this is the best thing I have see in these Xbox LIVE for changing the gamertag. So finally I just want to suggest you that there are no need to tell the friends they will be automatically updated about this changes with the help Xbix LIVE.

By using the Xbox LIVE gamertag account you have to login, after you get login to your personal Gamertag that you wish to change you just have to go to the Social and there you have to make the selection of the gamertag. After selecting the gamertag, you have to use the option Change Gamertag, there you have to make the selection of the option Enter New Gamertag. So this is simple suggestion to make the changes of the Gamertag.