Thread: Will we get new Nvidia Kepler with DirectX 11.1 graphic card in 2012?

Will we get new Nvidia Kepler with DirectX 11.1 graphic card in 2012?

I loved to do video games on my computer so I wanted to ask something regarding the graphic card drivers. Nvidia is planning to develop new high end GPU which will have 512-bit bus by this year or at the early beginning of 2013. This particular graphic card will support for DX11.1. Post your comments on the above mentioned topic. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Will we get new Nvidia Kepler with DirectX 11.1 graphic card in 2012?

Well I think there will be need of 512-bit bus if they are looking to use gDDR5.

We are aware of the thing that Nvidia supposed to developed fastest GPU forever. However they don’t promote DX 11 at all. However they promote PhysX which has been utilized in the couple of games. So it will be quite beneficial in terms of the PC gaming.

After going through the post of yours I wanted to comment Nvidia developed every single card from 4xx series and having full support for DX11. DX 10.1 was initially promoted by AMD. There is no deal with PhysX. Nvidia offered the same to AMD so that both of them can be on the same page. PhysX is the bonus feature for some of the game and I don’t think so there will be something wrong to have it.

The biggest disappointment is DX10. During the year 2009 there was lots of games which was developed on DX9. Very few games were having support for DX 10. We knew that there DX 11 available but we are getting DX9 ports from the consoles.
    AMD has program which is also known as AMD evolved which is having their own benefits and due to that particular program we can use DX 11 for that particular title.

Nvidia is not concerned about the PC gamers. They are looking to sell devices as much as possible which are providing advantages like PhysX, CUDA, it used to kill the PC gaming. They have developed the new cards with the new DirectX API and there were some games which were still using DX9.

There are very few games which are making use of PhysX? If you don’t want to play game which is having support for PhysX then don’t play with it. rather than you should go for the other games available in the market. It does not mean that ATI/AMD are not releasing the Gaming evolved' game. you should have a look on the saints row the third which is able to get at most 40 fps with 100% gpu utilization on the computer of mine.
    Batman is using PhysX but performance is really bad on DX 11. Hence the developer of Nvidia improved PhysX but they have not improved DX11.

I am having ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics graphic card. I was able to play Crysis 2 at 1920x1080 with DX 11 with the ultra settings. I don’t think so I will be able to maxout the game with the DX 11 which were came in the market 2009. The total responsibility of game having dx9 port or a dx10 is on developer or publisher of that particular game. I really love PhysX so I dedicated the card of mine for the same. its quite great if you are having both Nvidia as well as AMD graphic card on your computer.

If the upcoming graphic card having 512-bit bus then GTX 680 will have 2 GB of memory as that of the AMD card. It will be really great to have since the number of game are growing which are using 1.5 GB of memory at the resolution of 1920x1200, also MSAA and triple buffering are enabled while playing the game.

I don’t agree with you PhysX was not offered to AMD rather than they have offered CUDA. However AMD has decided that they will implement the same on the open standards. It is important to know how many games are using Havok FX rather than that of using PhysX. Nvidia is not concerned about the PC gamers they are worried about the amount of revenue that they will generate at the end of the year.

So far there is no option to reduce the tesselation amounts. We need to either switch on or switch off the same. we according to me AMD users are having ability to maintain the tesselation benefit when negotiating with the performance issue. DX11.1 seems to be great on paper but it will be quite difficult to implemented on the video games.