Thread: What is the correct way to update Retail Boxed and Steam release of Wings of Prey?

What is the correct way to update Retail Boxed and Steam release of Wings of Prey?

As the title itself saying what I wanted to ask you over here. I wanted to know proper method of updating retail boxed and steam release of the above mentioned game Wings of Pray. Let me know if you are having any idea on the above mentioned issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: What is the correct way to update Retail Boxed and Steam release of Wings of Prey?

Well the Boxed version of the Retail release is 1.0.3.1. you can download and install the patch by clicking here.

re: What is the correct way to update Retail Boxed and Steam release of Wings of Prey?

If you are getting any issue at the time of installing the patch in the game then I recommend that you should download and install full version of 1.0.3.2 game client. it is having size of 7.38GB and it is patched already. If you wanted to get the access you will need to tie the Game Key with the Yuplay account of yours. in case you have already get the game directly from the Yuplay the key is already tied with the account of yours.

I have installed and played the game without any issue. I got an message when I went for online gaming. The error message can be stated as need to install patch 1.0.2.9 to 1.0.3.2. so I have done the same and found that it is trying to replacing the acess.exe. and encountered with the following error message.
    ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Wings of Prey\acess.exe

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
    DeleteFile Failed; code 5
    Access denied.’
    Can you tell me why I am suffering from the above mentioned issue?

I think you should try to install the patch on the computer as administrator and see whether you are able to resolve the issue.

Well I have figured out why the thing is not happening. The acess.exe file was being used when playing the game. After that I have launched the Task Manager on the computer and click on the process tab and terminated that particular service. After that I have done successful installation of the patch. In case you are getting any issue then feel free to ask about the same.

In case the above mentioned issue did not seems to resolve than you should contact the technical support team to get the further help.