Thread: What is the difference playing battlefield 3 on 4GB and 8Gb ram?

What is the difference playing battlefield 3 on 4GB and 8Gb ram?

if you have played Battlefield 2 on the computer than you will know that the game is running fine on 2GB of ram. The game might be freezing when you are playing the game into the new map and entered into the new areas. After having 4GB of RAM the game is running quite smooth.
    The same issue is happening with the BF3 also. The game seems to running slow with the 4GB or ram but after having 8GB of RAM is running quite smooth. Do you have noticed the same kind of the behavior in the game?

Re: What is the difference playing battlefield 3 on 4GB and 8Gb ram?

I am also having the 4 GB of RAM and have not noticed any kind of the issue with the game from past few years. According to me 4GB of RAM is seems to be quite huge memory for the any kind of the video game. mostly all the games are supposed to use 900megs and it could be possible that the BF3 could use 1 GB of RAM to load all the content.

So far I have not found any game which is using 2 GB of RAM or more than that.

Your absolutely right and I totally agree with you. if you are having more RAM installed on the computer than you will get better alt-tab when you are running some other applications running when you are supposed to play the game. the game did not consume the much ram.

Well I have noticed that the game is seems to be freezing for the couple of seconds. Though I have installed 4GB of RAM on the computer of mine.

After looking at the issue I wanted to tell you that the entire issue is dependent on how memory is allocated in the game. if you are playing BF2 with the computer of 1GB RAM the engine is supposed to prevent to make use of the RAM more than of 600MB. However if you are have installed 2GB of RAM the bf2.exe will begin to use 900MB+. Another thing which I wanted to tell you that windows with 32bit are having the limit of the 2gb. In Windows 7 64bit will allow some more space but still it is having the hard limit of the 32bit. If you are looking to see memory usage of the application then it will display only private working set.

I have used to the Process Explorer to clarify the thing and I have found that the BF3.exe has not used more than 1.8GB of the total system memory. For both dedicated and shared resources until and unless you are running any background application on the computer. you can also mod boot options and app header into the both 32bit as well as 64 bit of the OS so that you can have the more usage. There are lots of fix available for the app crashes happening because of the memory consumed by the lots of video games.

I think there is need of ram for BF3. It is consuming around of 1.6gb of ram and around 1.7gb of virtual. It seems to be taking 3-4 minutes to load up the map but once the game is loaded it is playing quite great.
    Well I am wondering that the turning texture detail down will help you take down the load time of the game.

32bit operating systems can address 4Gb of virtual memory for every single application. 2GB is reserved for the application and rest of 2Gb is reserved for the operating system. there are games which are developed on the 32bit OS since there are lots of people who are using 32bit. So far I am not aware of the lagging which is happening because the system is having 4GB of RAM.