Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim freezing in full screen mode but running smooth in windowed mode

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim freezing in full screen mode but running smooth in windowed mode

I have installed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the computer of mine. this particular game is seems to freezing while playing into the full screen mode however it is running fine into the Windowed mode in the game. I cannot find out the exact root cause of the problem. Any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim freezing in full screen mode but running smooth in windowed mode

Looking at matter I wanted to know answers of the following questions to get the root cause of the issue.
    Which operating system do you running? What is the hardware config of the computer? do you have installed all the drivers on the computer? what is happening when you are playing the game into full screen mode?

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim freezing in full screen mode but running smooth in windowed mode

I have done research work on the above mentioned issue and I am wondering that it is happening because of the bug issue Gamebryo engine. The game is running at 64hz when screen is running at the 60Hz. So there was freezing of the game since there was dropping of the frames. However FPS was stable at the 60FPS.

In this particular situation I am suggesting that you should disable V-Sync on in the game and see what results do you getting. you can use the following steps to fix the issue.
    Well you have to look for the SkyrimPrefs.ini file and add the below mentioned parameter at the end of the line.
    Code:
    iPresentInterval=0
    now you have to save the same and Start the game.

Another thing which I wanted to comment over here is to use d3doverrider in the game. you have to do the same from the AMD Vision Engine Control Center or Nvidia Control Panel.

I have found that many of the users have resolved the problem by using the below mentioned steps.
    • You have to launch the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
    • Now you have to go for Task Manager and go for Processes and click on the exe file of the game.
    • You have to set the priority above normal or higher.
    • You should perform above mentioned thing every time when you are supposed to play the game.

I was suffering from the same issue which you have stated over here in this particular game. I was getting bad texture when AA was enabled in the game. the problem went away as I have enabled FXAA in the game. Also I have turned off the Anisotropic from the game menu as well.

Make sure that you have installed the latest version of DirectX as well as graphic card driver on the computer. After installing the above mentioned software you should reboot the computer. you can get the same from the official website. In order to uninstall the graphic card driver you have to make use of the driver sweeper or you can manually uninstall the driver on the computer.

Well I am wondering that the above mentioned issue can be resolved by reinstalling the game on the system. In case you are using Steam to play the game then you should also reinstall the same on the computer. Don’t forget to reboot the computer after reinstalling the game as well as Steam on the computer.

There is no change in the situation after reinstalling the game then there could be bug issue with the game and it should be fixed by the developers only.