Thread: SideWinder Mouse is not working properly in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

SideWinder Mouse is not working properly in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Recently I have purchase the SideWinder X8 Mouse for my Desktop to play the game ‘STAR WARS: The Old Republic’, so after the connection I have making the use of this mouse from the long time. So the thing I have noticed that there are many of the option in this game which are not accessible with the help of this SideWinder X8 mouse. I have seen that the mapping doesn't seem to be working for SWTOR, so I just want to know what may be the problems it is. Is it possible to play the ‘STAR WARS: The Old Republic’ with this SideWinder Mouse. So if you have any of the ideas then please let me know. Your reply is appreciated

Re: SideWinder Mouse is not working properly in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

According to my information you have to make the verification for this thing to make the mouse function properly for this game.
    • So the first thing you have to verify whether the mouse driver is up-to-date.
    • And make sure that the mouse is connected properly or not with the System.
    • Try to play the other game with the same mouse and see whether it is working properly or not.

Even I was also facing this kind of issue with my Razer Diamondback gaming mouse, that I can’t able to map the thing in the game Star Wars: The Old Republic. So I think this is the gaming issue that it fails to support these game, because these will be the additional thing for this game to support the external mouse for this game to play.

At starting even I was also facing the same issue for this game, that some of the navigation is not properly done with my SideWinder Mouse. So I have made several of the attempts for this thing to works for this game to support this gaming mouse but mostly fail. But finally I get the solution for this thing, and the mouse works perfectly with the game. So may this will help you out

You just try to make the use of Microsoft Mouse program to run as the Administrator.

And the alternate thing that you can do is that you can change the compatibility mode for each available option in this game.

So I think these changes make some of the difference for the mouse to navigate this game.

There are the need for the binding of the keyboard key with the mouse button, so with the application that are used for the setting the keybinds as administrator, you can do this thing possible. And if still the mouse won’t works properly then you have to disable the UAC works. So with this thing may it possible to make the gaming Mouse to be worked.

I think this is the internal bugs for this game that it won’t support the gaming mouse. So this may be the problems at the Clint side and also the Mapping of Mapping a keyboard button. So this have to be fixed in the next version or this thing is to be including in the Patch for this game to support the gaming mouse without any of the issue or the problems. But however I like to [play this game with the help of the Keyboard and still I have not seen any of the issue for the navigation in this game.

I think that the game is not installed properly in the system, so may be because of the installation of this game this type of the issue is seen. So I think that you have to go for the reinstallation of the Game. So for that you have to make uninstall of this game and then have to make the reinstallation of the game.

And after the reinstallation of this game you have to make the reboot of the system and make sure that the connection of the gaming Mouse is perfectly connect to the System or not and also the driver should be up to date.

According to my information the game Star Wars: The Old Republic doesn’t have this feature that it supports the external gaming mouse, So this thing have to be include in this game that it will supports the Gaming mouse.

If you want to make the use of the Razer Lachesis to work for the system to support the gaming naviagation, then you just try this out May it will help you to play the game with the help of the Razer Lachesis Gaming Mouse.
    • So first just make the razer mouse driver .exes to be run in admin elevation.
    • So for that you have to go for the C:/ Drive and then move to the Program Files, after that go to the Razer Folder and finally to the Lachesis.
    • And the thing that is to be clear that the mouse drivers must have to be run under the admin rights.
    • So whatever the mouse you are trying to using to play the game, you have to run the Driver under the admin rights.
    • So there are the .exe file is present there along the Package so make the use of that and enjoy the game to play with the External mouse.

According to my information you just have to make the UAC to be completely disable, because this thing work for much of the time. Or the alternate you can make the use of this mouse to get works for this game Star Wars is that you have to make the changes for the privilege level settings of C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\iPoint.exe and make it to run as an administrator.

May be there are the chances that the Driver for this mouse is require to be install in the system, So first make the installation of the latest driver in the system for supporting the mouse.
    And if then also the mouse is not working properly in this game, then it means the connection of the USB is not proper with the socket.