Thread: Half Life 1 game is crashing with a fatal error when I am logging in to a server.

Half Life 1 game is crashing with a fatal error when I am logging in to a server.

I have recently switched to Avast 6 Internet Security and I am running win xp 32 bit and the problem that I have started facing now is that when I am trying to log-in in to a server to play half life then the game crashes with a fatal error, I have got the same response for the steam server as well. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

re: Half Life 1 game is crashing with a fatal error when I am logging in to a server.

I have recently switched to Avast 6 Internet Security and I am running win xp 32 bit and the problem that I have started facing now is that when I am trying to log-in in to a server to play half life then the game crashes with a fatal error, I have got the same response for the steam server as well. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you anything, I just want to know that are you sure that you are getting this problem just after switching to Avast 6 Internet Security? And you were not having the same problem before?? The other thing I wanted to know is that are you facing this problem for the half life only? Or for other games as well?? I will suggest you to take a screen short of the error that you are getting and post the same here. So we could take a look at it and understand the matter and help you with the same.

re: Half Life 1 game is crashing with a fatal error when I am logging in to a server.

Yes I am sure that I am having this problem after switching to the Avast 6 Internet Security. I have been playing the game before as well but then with other security and I was not having the same problem. I am having this p[problem only for half life and not for the other games. Just take a look at the error that I am getting and see if you could help me out with the same.

Even I am using Avast 6 Internet Security and I have switched to it recently but then I am not facing any such error with any game, I will suggest you to follow the path below:
    avast! GUI > Real-Time Shileds > Web-Shileds > Main Settings >
    After that check-mark the “Scan traffic from well know browser processes only” and after that run the game and see if you are still getting the same error or the problem is solved?? Let me know what you get.

I have tried doing the above method but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and I am still having the same issue. I have found that when I am disabling the avast firewall and then when I am log-in in to a server to play the game then I am able to play it well without any problem. So I think that the avast firewall is the culprit in this case but then I am not that sure about the same. Any further help for this will be appreciated.

I just wanted to know if you are able to play the game after deactivating all the shield of the avast, if you have not tried the same then check it out and then let me know for further help.