Thread: Blue screen while playing the elder scrolls v skyrim

Blue screen while playing the elder scrolls v skyrim

i just newly assemble my pc specially to play games. after assmbling i start playing skyrim and what i can see is, i get blue screen every time i start skyrim. so once i restart my pc but no profit. again when i start playing game gatting same blue screen. i really not understand what actually the problemis. please if anyone has any idea about this than please help me to solve this.

Re: Blue screen while playing the elder scrolls v skyrim

A blue screen that is BSOD means that your machine crashed while in the kernel. That means either you ran into a bug in Windows. Which is unlikely. Or you ran into a bug in a driver. More likely. This could as well be incompatibility trouble between driver versions. be certain you have the mosr recent drivers. Or your hardware is flakey. Very likely when you are overclocking things.

One fix that worked for many people is to make their Skyrim use more than 2GB of virtual memory. That is done by "setting the LAA bit". Google it for more info. Steam forbids us to use the simple way of setting the LAA-bit. So someone wrote an addon to trick Steam, and let us set the LAA bit every time the game starts. Go get that addon. I hope you're running 64-bit Win7. Because with XP it gets more complicated. (But the LAA bit will allow you to use 3GB in stead of 2GB in WinXP).

I also had the black screen of death which was fixed by lowering memory clock on the GPU. and the same thing began happening to me in certain areas, mostly around Riften. From what i can tell, this is just part of the game for now until Bethesda can figure out what is causing them. My guess is some sort of video memory corruption due to loading of some graphics or textures.

Unfortunately Skyrim does have some odd issues with both CPU and GPU loading sometimes - even when the system is in no way pushed and you're in an area that wasn't causing issues moment before. I generally see ~60fps in most places, with drops to 30's in the usual problem areas. When I get these drops my CPU and GPU are generally not being pushed - so not reaching their limits - it's some other game factor. Same as when they do suddenly load up for no apparent reason when they should not be being pushed at all.

I keep blue screening after 60 or more seconds everytime i load a saved game. this isnt happening from the first few saved ones back when im in the sewers but any saved game after that it will cause a blue screen after loading from it. i have tried starting a new aswell but even then when i would make a new save point coming back and starting from that save point later in the day or the next still causes a blue screen. i have tried defraging the cache files, verify itegrity through steam i have even bought a program to help with old registry error i had, i also have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. none of this seems to help. any suggestions on how to find out what is causing this problem.

I get CTD's every 10 to 15 minutes even when playing in windowed mode, and still get the blue screen crashes occasionally too. This is just not going to work with this PC. Ah well, I knew I was reaching when I installed Skyrim on this computer in the first place. Just didn't want to wait a couple of months to play.

That error is usually due to cpu overclocking and not enough voltage core. This has nothing to do with the game itself, it is a hardware issue. Be sure you have the latest bios for your mobo, and may try resetting the cmos and remove any overclock settings you may have.

Basically, after playing Skyrim for about 5 minutes I get a blue screen of death. It says system_service_exception and tells me to remove any new hardware of software I've installed lately. This has happened before but it was less common. Now it happens after about 5 minutes of playing, in a dungeon called Gsomething Hold.

Change your driver version until it goes away. I have the same problem with the newest drivers for my card except it was not specific to any point in the game. It happened at random.