Thread: AMD catalyst won't open after installing v11.10 Battlefield 3 drivers

AMD catalyst won't open after installing v11.10 Battlefield 3 drivers

After installing the AMD catalyst drivers 11.10 for BattleField 3 on crossfire 5870's, everything bricked. Now the problem is CCC won't open. I thought that my video cards and drivers will work effectively. Everything is on Windows 7 x64. I have to open CCC /AMD vision but it is giving some kind of error. The drivers were supposed to boost performance but here something different happened.

Re: AMD catalyst won't open after installing v11.10 Battlefield 3 drivers

ccc.exe is right for Catalyst Control Center! You must run it manually, go to its folder, you find there.

Try using Driver Sweeper, the program is not the latest, but perhaps it still works. Used to erase the traces of the drivers.

First completely uninstall the ATI drivers, the Catalyst Control Center, etc. ... Basically everything that is ATI. Then try using Driver Sweeper. After the cleaning process, restart; install drivers downloaded and then restart.

As mentioned above to let the Control Center will not open the graphical interface to adjust, I choose the link from then it loads it briefly but nothing happens no error message is simply nothing in Task Manager has ccc.exe almost constant 25% CPU utilization. After a while it then it decayed mostly with no error messages.

For me, the update (no prior removal) worked without problems, better yet; a coarse system problem was after installing the 10.7 past. I did eventually get a memory leak, and my PC could run over a few days, only about 5 hours. I had the task manager always have in mind and monitors the value for paged kernel memory, from a given value of 'was' my system. So for me the update is on the so far only been 10.7 of which was smooth and apparently in an installation that had a shot. The only thing that strikes me is that it becomes more difficult with increasing number of updates from the info of the CCC identify the drivers installed.

Was with me sometimes, too. Then I can delete a part, the other part, strangely enough, after a reboot. Try to check in safe mode. The reason why the CCC cannot be called, seems probably to be that the well-GAC shares the key information of ATI DLL with the same name and the installer cannot write new dll, but uses the GAC as long they are present there. If this information GAC but not complete, no more ATI DLLs installed and the installer take care remains incomplete.

As far as I know that 11.10 Drivers are a hotfix, not an entire driver execution up to now it appears. First of all you need to Install 11.9 and you should go for to install 11.10 over it to remove the CLI as well as MOM errors. As for CCC not opening I have the same issue, no idea why but I think the real 11.10s have this fixed. I'm going to send a ticket into AMD. Since is the drivers do work, I simply hope I may perhaps overclock at all.

Since I could not solve the problem, I have a computer with an older system image is restored and all data recorded by BackUp again. All Windows updates done and the CCC is working again!

Behind this lies a known error: Catalyst error, which is extremely difficult and some manual work. Uninstall using the ATI Catalyst Install Manager, you will find in the Control Panel under "Programs and Features" at first, only the Catalyst Control Center, the graphics driver to leave the system. After restarting, open the registry editor with "Start / Run" and typing "regedit". Delete the key there HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/ATI/ACE und HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ATI/ACE.