Thread: "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" error in New AMD PC

"Battlefield 3 has stopped working" error in New AMD PC

For the purpose of installing the BattleField 3 I have made a whole new rig after selling my old pc. Then specs are as follows:
    • AMD Phenom II x6 1050T
    • Gigabyte 970A-UD3 motherboard
    • 8GB (4x2) GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 RAM
    • 1GB Radeon HD6870

The system is live now and I have installed my all time favorite game BF3 game in it. I ran it and it played well for few minutes and after that suddenly. I got a error message saying that “Battlefield 3 has stopped working" crash and lock. I tried again by rebooting the system but still the same. I am still on old Thermaltake True Power 500w PSU but I don’t think that it could lead to the problem.

Re: "Battlefield 3 has stopped working" error in New AMD PC

I think that you need to restore the game by the use of the original DVD or any other way. The installation might not happen successfully. For this you need to Go into your source client, click BF3, click Repair installation, and reinstall the game with patches and updates. After that restart the pc at once and start playing. I hope that the issues not get resolved.

If you encounter this error again you need to run the game as admin and re-launch the game. Or make a new admin account and install the game. Make sure you have UAC disabled in OS (Win7 or Vista). If you think that you are having problem with BF3 only and all other games work fine on your high-end card, you must remove the old drivers and install the most up-to-date drivers - Nvidia 285.62. Furthermore make sure that nothing blocking the game. Disable security programs and run as administrator. If possible, add BF3.exe with administrator privileges.

I do not think you can play Battlefield 3 in this computer ... Too heavy and fusion. But it's just an opinion. I do not know the exact reason but apparently BF3 would not like the two software (SmartDoctor and OSD).

You can get Battlefield 3 uninstaller which will also remove all your safe files, reboot and then reinstall BF3. And for the latest driver for your video card go to nvidia and there you can download the latest beta driver for the card with the correct Windows version. Unplug the internet connection from your PC, so that Windows drivers do not go looking. Then delete the old control panel and through Windows Explorer to directory Nvidia which also need to be removed. Now come all with latest and check the game again.

Not to mention that Battlefield 3 has many problems in all media game before the date of its release, the beta was buggy and apparently the game too, so now we wait to see if they also provided a solid release.

I think you will have to wait for the patch comes out soon. Because sometimes I also suffer from it, and since yesterday I get always the message that I get kicked from the server. And I'm not the only one in, so I have myself waiting for that patch. There already few patches released to fix several minor bugs but not yet any major one.

One of the causes of crashes in some cases may be due to the presence of management programs of mouse and keyboards, found mainly in branded products, Logitech, Razer, etc ... so it will first try to disable this program, checking the running processes that remain open. The other thing to do (which I solved the problem) is valid for Windows Vista 32bit and Windows 32bit and follow these easy steps:
    • Click on Start >All Programs >Accessories
    • Click the right mouse button on Command Prompt and run as administrator
    • In the window that opens type this command: bcdedit / set increaseuserva 2500 and press enter. If all goes well we will show "Done
    • Now restart your PC (otherwise the changes have no effect) and try to play