Thread: AMD Catalyst Drivers 11.11b for Battlefield 3 Crossfire support

AMD Catalyst Drivers 11.11b for Battlefield 3 Crossfire support

Battlefield 3 was lacking in performance issues in Crossfire. There were few bugs related to this and finally the AMD has started providing its support for issues. They have started developing patch and updated drivers to fix the issues as much as possible. Still they are on the process and releasing the drivers one by one. I don’t know many will be coming but this one solves most of the problem without any doubt. In order to download visit AMD support page and look for AMD Catalyst Drivers 11.11b Download.

Re: AMD Catalyst Drivers 11.11b for Battlefield 3 Crossfire support

Just hours after their debuts Nvidia GeForce beta drivers , AMD launches its own update to their Catalyst drivers with optimizations specifically designed for the beta of Battlefield 3. Catalyst drivers are essentially 11.10 at a hotfix and includes improved performance for Battlefield 3 for a card for people with 5000 or else 6000 (a single GPU or CrossFire), 5x1 Eyefinity support, and enhancements to the Vision Engine Control Center (formerly known as the Catalyst Control Center).

The truth is that while Battlefield 3 requires at least a video card compatible with DirectX 10 API with 512MB of graphics memory, as seen in the PC Games Hardware review these old video cards cannot even move it to full resolution HD, showing a performance well below 30fps. Recommended specifications are at least a Geforce 560Ti or Radeon HD 6950, and apparently they are right, because only these VGAs and more powerful versions are those that can overcome a Full HD 30FPS with 4x MSAA and 16X AF.

For BF3, I had installed previous new drivers Catalyst 10.1 with update crossfire particularly for this game. I have installed the drivers directly. It was told that it will fix CrossFire scaling issues and resolve stuttering. While I started to play the game, it ran perfectly for 5 min but then freeze. The game was totally unplayable. After disabling the crossfire only I was able to play at 40-45 FPS ultra. Now I will install these new drivers and see whether it has really solved the problem or not.

Yes I have installed the 11.10 and after checking the crossfire is functional. I got average 35fps to 65fps and even with a special card with crossfire. But even with steady 60fps I really feel that the picture hangs, as if it was shaking when I move the mouse. These sudden drops and then it falls to 20fps particularly when the new objectives appear is really painful

EA recommends installing the latest graphics drivers from both manufacturers.

NVidia is focused mainly on the correction of several bugs while ATI is the improved support of Crossfire, which is problematic in a lot of people, which was at the heart of attention.

As usual, the drivers are available in 32-bit and 64 depending on the operating system.

Just had a chat with EA's online "advisors", have a look at this! :-

You are now ready to chat with Adhiraj.
    Adhiraj:
    Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Adhiraj how may I help you?
    you:
    Hi I keep getting black screen of death playing BF3 this has gotten worse since I followed the tips to disable my onboard sound device and also update my NIC drivers
    Adhiraj:
    I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I'll do my best to address your concern.
    Adhiraj:
    I understand your concern. I will do my best to help you.
    Adhiraj:
    May I please have your first and last name to update our database?

you:
    Michael Drummond
    Adhiraj:
    Thanks Michael
    you:
    the worst of it is this is happening more and more often and today has cost me over 50,000 XP
    Adhiraj:
    Please visit this link and let me know the result:
    Adhiraj:
    unable to post link due to being a noob here [systemrequirementslab]
    you:
    thats a laughable suggestion as I have an AND 110T processor, ASUS crosshair IV Extreme, 2 AMD6970's and 8GB of RAM
    you:
    AMD1100T*
    Adhiraj:
    Have you visit the link?
    you:
    so it's not likely to be system requirements issues
    you:
    yes I did
    you:
    I don't use IE
    Adhiraj:
    have you meet the requirement to play the game.
    you:
    yes more than ample
    Adhiraj:
    May I know that link
    you:
    I went to the one you supplied
    Adhiraj:
    I didn’t quite understand your last message. Please elaborate?
    you:
    I used the link you stated unable to post link due to being a noob here [systemrequirementslab] but it stated I need to use internet explorer which I don't use at all
    Adhiraj:
    Then please use Internet explorer to play your game
    you:
    Why am I restricted to using a program I do not like to use due to it's poor performance?
    Adhiraj:
    1. Repair your Battlefield 3 installation. To do this, go into your Origin Client, right-click Battlefield 3, and finally click “Repair Install”.
    2. Disable SLI or Crossfire
    3. Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
    4. Disable V-sync
    5. Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software,Disable any other process there that might affect you and reboot.
    you:
    Great so I have to hamstring my PC and remove half of the capabilities and use a program I don't use due to it's poor performance?
    Adhiraj:
    I'd like to inform you that these programs causes conflict to the game
    Adhiraj:
    This is currently a known issue with Xfire In-Game's DDRAW rendering mode and dx10 supported cards.
    you:
    Why would I spend £2,500 on my PC to have you suggest I turn half of it's abilities off to play a game which is supposed to be PC copatible? Yet another case of EA "dumbing down" games so PC versions appear similar to console versions! If it does not work on all PC's don't sell it as PC compatible then!
    you:
    I use a DX11 card
    Adhiraj:
    Are you using the SLI or Crossfire?
    you:
    If this game was released advising it is NOT crossfire compatible I would never have bought it
    you:
    crossfire
    Adhiraj:
    Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    you:
    no thaks for NOT helping to resolve an issue which means I cannot trust thias game to work, therefore highlighting the game is not fit for purpose and NOT AS DESCRIBED i,e, PC compatible!

Typical of EA to sell something and wait for problems to arise and tell me to essentially halve the capabilities of my PC and advise the game is NOT CROSSFIRE/SLI COMPATIBLE when both of these have been around for years now!