Thread: What is V-Sync in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What is V-Sync in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

hello friends, I have installed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in my computer and enabled the V-Sync. After loading the FRAPS, I found that the FPS for me goes to 60fps. I want to know that if the V-Sync has really to do something with the FPS. All the things in the .INI file is set to max and I am thinking to disable the V-Sync. But before that I want to know that what is the V-Sync in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and if disabling that will effect the performance of the game in any manner. Please reply.

Re: What is V-Sync in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I would like to tell you that if you enable the screen tearing then the FPS for the game will go to 60 and the frame rate will drop below 60. This is done for avoiding the tearing. Anyways, the Skyrim is with the triple-buffering enabled and so you will be able to avoid that without any problem. With the V-Sync enabled, 'you will be able to play in any of the frame rate. I hope that this will help you understand the thing better. Lets see if we can have some more advanced posts for explaining the V-Sync.

I would like to tell you that the ini is useful tweaks and this can corrects the most common crashes and red IU. You will be able to disable the mouse smoothing and also set the field of vision according to your choice. If you wish to solve the problem then you will have to turn off the Vsync and then you will be able to do that with the help of the .iniii file. There are also a few tweaks ini. Skyrim and that need not to be change as that already set to be better.

If you are getting bad frame rate then you will have to disable the Vsync. Just go to SkyrimPrefs.ini and from there add iPresentInterval = 0 from the bottom. In many of the cases I have seen that the sluggish framerate as well as mouse lags get resolved with this.

The extreme negative example with a 60 Hz monitor and triple buffering. When to wait for the finishing of the first back buffer every frame required are enforced for the query-by-frame from the monitor through the vsync (at 60Hz approximately every 17ms if I counted correctly), the back buffer No. 2 is simple at all not even used and thus it remains basically double buffering.

Here are some points that will let you understand the thing better.
    • Vsync + Double buffered = no tearing, but halved the frames below the threshold values ​​(60.30 etc).
    • Vsync + triple => no tearing, the frames were not halved, but the input lag increases and decreases depending on the load and the GPU performance.
    • Vsync + tear-swap: "Vsync only up from 60fps". With plenty of power and no frame drops below 60fps and no tearing.

I feel Good as some of you can be noticed when you disable vsync in the file. Ini several new bugs appear. The most disturbing to me is that objects that fly and / or explode in all directions around us when we talk to an NPC or that we hold in a certain angle. Bug occurs mostly when the fps fly, ie in the houses and caves. I hope that it will be solved soon.

You are just looking at the negative point of disabling the V-Sync but the fact is that it improves the game performance but your system should not lack the minimum system requirement.

Thank you so much to all of you for giving me such a quick replies on this. Now I have a lot of information about this.